Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 08:59 PM   #81 
loppy656

Ugggg! Look I'm not putting the shrimp in with the betts I'm putting it in a sepret tank and if you people would have read the hole thing then you would have seen that I have said that befor and asked what size tank it should go in but no one ever awnserd my question. So would you pleas stop telling me that I shoulden't put it in the tank for my bettas. P.S. This tank for my shrip is teparey untell I get a new tank for my fish.
That was rude to say that I am a fish killer. I take very good care of my fish.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #82 
Kim

Just to let you know, unless you plan on cycling the shrimp tank I don't think you'll have good luck with them. Invertebrates are very sensitive to water parameters, and full water changes in an unstable tank will be very detrimental to them.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #83 
AlexXx

PANDA SHRIMP ARE SO CUTE! omg, i wish we had more than ghost shrimp (rarely) around here.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #84 
doggyhog

I've seen Cherry shrimp at Thatfishplace, but they cost 3.99 each!!!! EEEP!
Old 10-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #85 
dr2b

Loppy, maybe if you quit disregarding everybody's advice and quit being so rude to everyone - people WOULD read your whole post. Who wants to read a post where the person asks for advice, and shoots it down immediately? Not me, and I'm sure everybody else is in agreement here. I think you need to wait a while before you get anymore fish, shrimp, etc. You need to wait until you get a tank that you can cycle so you don't hurt the fish or shrimp. Please just be happy with what you have...

Ohhh and the Panda Shrimp ARE cute!
Old 10-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #86 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree with Kim. The shrimp are probably not going to survive full water changes every 3-4 days, which is what a 1 to 1.5 gallon tank is going to need.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #87 
Synthisis

Wow... A full thread on you asking for advise, people giving you advise, and you ignoring the advise?

Basic rule of anything in a tank with water in it. 1-1.5gallon of water per INCH of fish. Bett's categorize as 2-3" fish, so thats 2-5 gallons for a betta. I suggest a 5 gallon.

Fish, along with invertebrates need a cycled tank. Whatever you put in to your betta's 1.5 or 2gal tank, will not strive do to the lack of size and the fact that its un-cycle-able. They need a filter of some sort, and something not overly powerful. Once you get into talking about filters, you need to worry about your betta's tail.

Shrimp are tasty... My Betta has proved that to me along with my Gourami's. This is the reason I stay away from the Cherry shrimp, they are pricy. Petsmart sells Ghost shrimps for about $.10 a piece.

My strongest suggestions to you is this:

If you are going to ask for advise, take it instead of throwing it back at the people who offer it. Next time you'll get less advise.

Listen to people. Some know more about Betta's than you could imagine.

Dont be rude.

Please see the attached link for some help with your question.
http://tinyurl.com/ykfbs5w
Old 10-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #88 
veganchick

plecos are giant cat fish that get over a foot long and need about 55-75 gallon tanks
neon tetras need heated, filtered tanks of atleat 10 gallons they are small, but have tons of energy!-your betta would prly be annoyed by their bright colors and quick movement
white clouds- move very quickly and often, grow rather large for schooling fish. need a 7.5 gallon tank or larger.

Really with an uncycled TINY tank, a betta is about your only choice. it would be abusing the fish if you add anything else. You might be able to get away with a snail in each tank if you get live plants.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #89 
doggyhog

^ Agreed ^
Old 10-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #90 
loppy656

Quote:
Originally Posted by loppy656 View Post
Ugggg! Look I'm not putting the shrimp in with the betts I'm putting it in a sepret tank and if you people would have read the hole thing then you would have seen that I have said that befor and asked what size tank it should go in but no one ever awnserd my question. So would you pleas stop telling me that I shoulden't put it in the tank for my bettas. P.S. This tank for my shrip is teparey untell I get a new tank for my fish.
That was rude to say that I am a fish killer. I take very good care of my fish.
Fine I just wont get a shrimp!!!! Happy now?

DID ANYONE READ MY POST?!?!
and yes I do have a cyculed tank.
Closed Thread