Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2009, 12:43 AM   #1 
KP0707

New betta won't eat

Hey i finally got a new betta but a problem it wont eat i read that they might nnot have an apitite first but i fed it some freeze dried bloodworms, it ate it but it comes back out and after a few trys he/she justs leaves it alone got any advice??Name:  26092009(002).jpg
Views: 75
Size:  110.7 KB and i cant tell from a boy to girl in this but i know that boys have longer fins then girls but yeah
KP0707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:47 AM   #2 
AngelicScars

To be sure that it is male or female, check its bottom side. If there is a egg spot there, it's a girl.
I would give it a few days on the food. They might not want to eat because they are adjusting to the new surroundings.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:49 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

It looks like you have a female. She's very pretty! Yeah, bettas sometimes won't eat for the first few days after bringing them home. Also, they can be picky eaters and might not like the brand of pellets you are feeding them. Give it some time and keep offering her the food you have. She'll eat when she's good and hungry and after she settles into her new home.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:52 AM   #4 
KP0707

kk thanks for the advice XD and thank you for the extra info
Quote:
It looks like you have a female. She's very pretty! Yeah, bettas sometimes won't eat for the first few days after bringing them home. Also, they can be picky eaters and might not like the brand of pellets you are feeding them. Give it some time and keep offering her the food you have. She'll eat when she's good and hungry and after she settles into her new home.

Last edited by KP0707; 09-26-2009 at 12:53 AM. Reason: adds
KP0707 is offline   Reply With Quote