Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2009, 12:46 AM   #1 
LiSanJess

Unhappy My lil guy most likely has Velvet

hey everyone,
I am new to this site but i have read alot of information on here which has i am sure saved Einsteins life once or twice now. I keep his tank clean but while on vacation i am sure the person taking care of him was not as on the ball as me. I came home and noticed gold like patch's on his face. I also noticed he was not swimming as much he still came up to greet me when i opened the lid. He is very lathargic i jumped into action surfing every post and saw that he was a dead ringer for a betta with velvet, i have reduced the water in his tank did a full thourough clean and added some antibiotics and aquarium salt. I have also turned the filter off for now since his water is very clean but will resume in on the lowest setting to make sure any bacteria is filtered.i absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my fish to the point people joke that i get so upset. I have never had such an attentive and amazing betta befor and i have had my share. Is there any further advice anyone could give and secrets the sites may not know at home cures??? Thanks so much for any insight :)
Attached Images

LiSanJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:50 AM   #2 
LiSanJess

Oh and he is now in a 5 gallon tank. If that changes any reply's or suggestions.
LiSanJess is offline   Reply With Quote