Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #11 
annyann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Your tank is so pretty! I absolutely love the driftwood in there! It would look great with moss or just anubias plants all over it. The girls are so pretty...Dot is such a cutie!!!
Thanks Viva! I actually wanted to get Java Moss for the driftwood, but I couldn't find it around here locally. I got some type of Java Fern instead, I need to look up the specific kind it is, but it has ruffled edges.
annyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #12 
Viva

Java fern would be great too, mine grows like mad on the driftwood in my 10 gallon. To be honest I have had bad luck with java moss, it pretty much all died for some reason. But now I see it is starting to grow back VERY slowly from like 2 small strands to now a whopping 10 maybe? haha
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #13 
annyann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Java fern would be great too, mine grows like mad on the driftwood in my 10 gallon. To be honest I have had bad luck with java moss, it pretty much all died for some reason. But now I see it is starting to grow back VERY slowly from like 2 small strands to now a whopping 10 maybe? haha
Well that makes me feel better about not finding the Java Moss lol! I think the Fern will work better for the Betta's anyway. It will grow much bigger and break up the line of sight in the tank.
I went to Petco and Petsmart yesterday, neither had anymore of the ruffly leafed Java fern I already have in the tank, I was wanting to add couple more large ones to fill in the tank more before I add the girls, but Im just going to add in some more driftwood instead till I find what im looking for or until what I already have grows in.
If I have time to get the tank cleaned out this afternoon, I should be able to add the girls tomorrow!
Old 11-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #14 
BettaLover1313

Beautiful girls and I love your tank! I hope all goes well with the introduction of the girls!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #15 
annyann

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover1313 View Post
Beautiful girls and I love your tank! I hope all goes well with the introduction of the girls!
Thank you BettaLover!
I did my 50% water change today and added more driftwood for extra hiding spots. I think all is ready and I can introduce them tomorrow morning!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #16 
annyann

As soon as I finish all my housework this morning (so I won't have anything to do but watch them) I will be adding my Betta girls!!
Im nervous and excited!
Old 11-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #17 
annyann

The girls are all in ziplock bags floating in the tank side by side. There is A LOT of flaring. Im really nervous now, these girls have been side by side for over a month now with no flaring! Why are they suddenly so angry!?!
Old 11-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #18 
Quinn

It's probably the stress of the change is causing them to react. I've never done a sorority, but that is my best guess. Just because there wasn't flaring before doesn't mean they wont have to work out the pecking order once they are all together either.
I love that wood, the spindly/branching pieces are so neat looking. I wish I had gotten some like that! I love the underwater tree look, so I would definitely vote yes if you could get some type of moss or similar for the other branches!
Has your tank started to grow in yet? I definitely think you should have more cover in there. There seem to be a lot of bare spot, and not many secure hiding areas which could create trouble.
Your girls are very cute. I hope the intros don't stress you out too much and go smoothly!
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #19 
annyann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
It's probably the stress of the change is causing them to react. I've never done a sorority, but that is my best guess. Just because there wasn't flaring before doesn't mean they wont have to work out the pecking order once they are all together either.
I love that wood, the spindly/branching pieces are so neat looking. I wish I had gotten some like that! I love the underwater tree look, so I would definitely vote yes if you could get some type of moss or similar for the other branches!
Has your tank started to grow in yet? I definitely think you should have more cover in there. There seem to be a lot of bare spot, and not many secure hiding areas which could create trouble.
Your girls are very cute. I hope the intros don't stress you out too much and go smoothly!
Thanks Quinn, Yea I know you're right the girls are just gonna have to work out a pecking order, its just kinda freaking me out.. There still acclimating in there bags, im going to start adding tank water a little bit at the time and introduce them in an hour or so.
The tank has grown in a fair amount and I added more driftwood for just until it really grows thick for temporary cover. I will post some pics later.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #20 
annyann

Here is a pic of the girls right now. None have any stress stripes so that's good, my biggest blue girl is doing the most flaring so she will go in last.. All six girls are there, but two are kinda hard to see.
Attached Images