Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2009, 11:42 PM   #1 
Gulfy

Unhappy Betta's health declining rapidly

I've had my fish for about 9 monthes now, and last night I noticed a white patch on his back and his fins seemed tore up a little, but he was still swimming around fine. Couldn't do much about it at the time but today the white patch covers most of his body except for his head, and I don't think he can use his back tail, he just kinda flops as he swims, and struggles. I have a feeling he won't survive the night.

But... It's a 1.5 gallon tank, with a filter, water was cleaned last week, and it did fine. The room has been the same temp. for awhile, therefor the water temp hasn't changed. The Ph is normal. His enviroment has not changed much in the past few months.
Yeah I know this isn't the best picture, but he's still stubborn as all hell. His name is Bones, he's a Crown Tail Betta.
Gulfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #2 
Gulfy

So I'm considering pouring vodka or Bailey's Irish Cream in the bowl, cause if I was dieing, that would be a good way to go.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:18 AM   #3 
Gulfy

:(
Old 09-22-2009, 12:56 AM   #4 
LiSanJess

have you tried adding some sea salt to his water? Betta Fix is a simple product but really saved my crown tail Einsteins life.He was to the point i thought he was dead with white patch's.I gave it one night after the betta fix and the next day he was slowly swimming around like normal. Also if he is having trouble swimming reduce your water they really only need 3 to 4 inch's and this way he doesn't have to struggle to get air. Alot of Betta's acctually drown because they can't get to the surface.
LiSanJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:57 AM   #5 
LiSanJess

dont give up. my lil guy is sick again but i know its treatable now that i am becoming a professional with google search's!
LiSanJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:53 AM   #6 
AngelicScars

could be a fungal infection. There are ways to treat that. Maybe JFE.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #7 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfy View Post
So I'm considering pouring vodka or Bailey's Irish Cream in the bowl, cause if I was dieing, that would be a good way to go.
Do you mean you want to euthanize him? If you want to do it humanely, you first use clove oil as anesthesia before adding the vodka. Sorry to hear about your fish.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:08 PM   #8 
Gulfy

He is still alive but bearly. I found the snail sucking on him as he chilled at the bottom of the tank. I seriously believe he is beyond medicine.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #9 
AlexXx

u have a snail and a betta in a 1.5 gal tank?!? u should prob be doing more water changes, thats what probably caused the problem, so much ammonia or waste in the water.
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:32 AM   #10 
Gulfy

Eh not really, like I said had this fish for nine monthes, same conditions. He died cause he saw your post. Murderer.