Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #1 
fuzzy

unsure

hello,

I just bought my betta fsh at walmart and m unsure what m suppose too have for hm. had goldfsh last week bought from walmart and the ded wthn a week, so have a 2 gal tank, wth lght and flter. on google t sad they need a temp of 75-80 my tank was only 70, so my dad gave me a heater for hm. what s the temp suppose to be? and do need a heater,flter and lght? also do fl the tank up to the flter lne?
fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:45 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to FishForum. Bettas are tropical fish and need the temperature to be at 76-80 degrees. A filter would be nice to have but not absolutely necessary.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #3 
fuzzy

ok, thanks :) my mom wants to get hm a frend. havent named hm yet, hes blue,wth redsh purple fns. s t true u can pet hm? read t somewhere on search engne that he lkes f u scoop hm up for a sec and pet hm, thnk ths s very werd, ve always been told any fsh wll de f ts out of the water. srry my typng snt too good dont have an "eye" key.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:17 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I wouldn't try to pet your fish. Touching your fish can damage his slime coat and give him germs.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:23 AM   #5 
AlexXx

Sorry if this is inappropriate, but are you drunk?
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:07 AM   #6 
fuzzy

lol no. i never heard of petting a fish. google sucks for info.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:02 PM   #7 
Rain Drop

Also, feed your betta about twice a day and 1-2 pellets for each feeding depending on his size and everything.
76-80F is a good temp for him.
Maybe give him a little cave or something to hide in too if you don't have one c:

And petting is a bad idea.....even though bettas are labyrinth breathers (breath surface air), you shouldn't take them out of water just for fun.

and welcome!
I hope you'll like it here :3
Rain Drop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:37 PM   #8 
AngelicScars

A 2 gallon is a good size, but don't put anything else in the tank with him. He is happy to be alone. Plus, 2 gallons is too small to put anything else in with him.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree with AngelicScars.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #10 
fuzzy

i named him ralph and got a sucker fish the other day, ralph was nipping at the sucker fish but they seem to be ok now, ive been feeding him 2 times a day with 4 pellet, he seems very hungry the second i put the pellets in they are gone, i find it intresting how he eats lol. the last couple days ralph has been hanging out at the bottom of the tank, his temp is bout 78ish,so its not cold and hes also got a heater in there. i just added more water to his tank that i had sitting out for a few days, thinking theres too much water motion for him beacuse of the filter i have, so now hes moving around more. could the water movement upset him if its too much? he seems happier now that theres more water. oh my tank is a 3 gal not 2.