Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #1 
magikb3anz

Tank mates?

I recently upgraded my splendens Ash into a 2 gal tank with a heater but no filter.
I've been thinking about getting some tank mates for him but there are a few things I would very much like to know so I don't end up with a dead fish.
Is 2 gallons big enough for more than 1 fish?
Do I need a filter for 2 gallons?(I heard that you don't need filter unless its 5 gal but i want to be sure, especially if there are other fish).
What kind of fish are compatible with a not very aggressive betta who is highly active. (He doesn't flare much, only at my other bettas)
in my tank are bamboo roots, a live plant which kind of looks like lettuce (i'm not sure what it is) and decorative pebbles, rocks, marbles and shells.
If anyone could answer these and tell me if it's okay or what I need to change in my tank in order to have tank mates, that would be awesome :D
magikb3anz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #2 
lexyfly

2 gallons is just big enough for the betta. I think you would need to upgrade your tank before you could get tank mates for your betta.
lexyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #3 
magikb3anz

I will thanks :D
I thought as much, I just wanted to know for sure because as I said in my previous post, I don't want to end up with a dead fish.
What size is better then?
magikb3anz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #4 
lexyfly

I think a ten would be good. It is a good size for a betta and some friends. It would also be a good size for a sorority if you are interested.
lexyfly is offline   Reply With Quote