Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #31 
Paolo Osorio

Lol nice name. And ya I'm not too attached to mine so I wasn't real upset bout it. if it had been one of my bettas I would've been, but that's just because I can tell em apart and therefore they all have separate personalities. The proud fleet all look the same, so it wasn't a big deal. It wasn't like " nooooo zenevieve died!!!" It was like uh oh that fish is dying... Sounds cruel Ik...
Paolo Osorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #32 
DreamerHorse

Oh, lol. It's okay. I think of my betta's having personalities more than the neons as well, but I'm attached to both either way. xD

Some pictures. :D I've decided since they were all improving to move them to the 10g with Twilight. At first Twilight chased them, and I freaked trying to keep track of where he was. But now he's settled down, the neons aren't afraid of him, he's not chasing or nipping, and all's going well.

BTW, Sorry about the algae, I've been having an issue with it.

And I've been thinking about getting a snail in the coming few months since everything has gone so well. Would that be too much? My mom isn't too happy at the thought though. xD
Attached Images

Last edited by DreamerHorse; 11-05-2013 at 04:46 PM.
DreamerHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #33 
dt2680

I have a 20g tank with 3 guppies, 7 neon tetras, 2 albino cory catfish, one bristlenose pleco (they stay little) and one dragonscale, crowntail betta. He is white with red and black tail tips. I prepared the tank and added all the tank mates prior to purchasing and putting in my betta, "Oscar". They all get along, Oscar seems very happy, (probably pleased to be out of the little cup and in a 20g tank!). It worked really well. My neons did not eat right away either, yet now they are eating just fine. Turning off the light helps the neons to de-stress. Oscar is blowing bubles at the top of the tank and is the biggest fish in the tank. I think that helps too. There has been no fin nipping of Oscar by the other fish and no chasing of the other fish by Oscar.
dt2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #34 
DreamerHorse

If turning off the light helps then I might keep it off for a day or two. Not too long though cause my plants would suffer, what with needing moderate lighting.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #35 
dt2680

I am no expert, yet, would not think the light needs to be off for two days... I kept the light off from when I put the neons in the tank and through the first night, then have the light on in the day and turn it off at night. (tank is heated) Sounds like both your neons and your betta are doing well and I like your pictures!
dt2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #36 
Paolo Osorio

Stick a buttload of snails in there!
Paolo Osorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #37 
DreamerHorse

Injust thought that it might help. I'm glad you think everything is going well. The neons are one step off from turning red. They've been flickering between red and dark orange today.

Lol, yea. I scrub at least once a week...

I just thought a snail would be the finishing touch to a small community tank. :)

Last edited by DreamerHorse; 11-06-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #38 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

Get a Nerite snail.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #39 
DreamerHorse

Can I get one of those from Walmart?
Old 11-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #40 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

Probably not. But a local pet store might have them or be able to order one. They are sold online.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote