Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #1 
LaniBaby

Exclamation bluey's terrible fin rot. Help. :(

here's a pic of bluey from today. his once beautiful fins have totally disappeared. it's like he bit out a chunk, they were fine for awhile. i was watching him closely to see if it would grow back, i woke up and they were a disaster. i've already done JFC, and it seemed to help. then i woke up again and they were worse. i did 5 days of maracyn 2, which stopped the spread. yesterday was his first day off of it and i woke up this morning and found this. now what? kanamycyn? i'm not even sure where to find it...
Attached Images

LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:18 PM   #2 
LaniBaby

apparently kanamycin isn't really available. i've heard of a kanaplex food? anyone have experience with that?
Old 09-25-2009, 12:40 PM   #3 
Lady Ivy

Poor little guy:( Dnt u hate that i am having the same problem y dnt u try Betta fix and salt bath's with Aquarium salt and do more water changes whn they are like that they need water to b super clean hope he gets better and post up pix to c how he is doing lets hope this helps dnt give up on ur little guy :)
Lady Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #4 
LaniBaby

thanks, good luck to you to. maybe this will help:

i just went down to old town aquarium, this major local place downtown chicago. they gave me to the resident fish expert and he recommended i quit all salting! he said don't salt the regular water changes. he also gave me attisons almond leaf extract to put in the water on a regular basis for both my guys and gave me something to do soaks with for 8 hours a day for 3 days. it's called seachem polyguard. i'm supposed to put him in an er tank, clean out his normal tank, let him soak for 8 hours in the polyguard, and then put him back into his regular tank for overnight, with the almond leaf extract. then do it again for at least 3 days, every other day. i'll let you know how it works!!
Old 09-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sounds good! Good luck with the treatments.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote