Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2009, 07:14 PM   #1 
DoYouEverNotTalk

Solo Pete's new home

I got Solo Pete on Sunday as a present from my girlfriend, but as I read more on this website, I realized that the 1 gallon bowl was way too small for the poor guy. So today I went to PetSmart and got a 10 gallon tank for him . It was the same price as the 5.5 gal so I figured that I'd splurge for SP. Now, on to my questions. Pete seems very interested in his reflection on the glass. Will this pass or is there something I can do? I don't want him to hurt himself trying to attack his reflection or anything. Also, is 10 gal too big for the poor guy? I've got him two plants and two structures, but I'm worried he'll get too lonesome. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pearson

Last edited by DoYouEverNotTalk; 09-24-2009 at 07:17 PM.
DoYouEverNotTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:45 PM   #2 
5green

lucky fish ten gallons is great for a betta
5green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #3 
DoYouEverNotTalk

I hope he likes it. What about his reflection? Is that something to worry about?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #4 
Jupiter

It\s nice that you're spoiling him! Sometimes bettas get overwhelmed at huge spaces and seem to do better in smaller tanks. You can always divide it in half and get a second betta if he does!

As for his flaring at his reflection, it'll be fine.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #5 
DoYouEverNotTalk

Thanks for the help, y'all.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #6 
BettaxFishxCrazy

10 gallons is great! He's flaring at his own reflection because they are fighting fish. I have two males in each of my tanks with a divider and at first they'll flare at each other all the time, but than they pretty much get used to it. I haven't heard of a betta fish getting hurt by trying to attack his reflection.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:43 PM   #7 
AlexXx

I have Desmond in a 10 gal too, its cycling and im going to divide it for my DBT sawyer and him. Des is always flaring up at his reflection too haha... I dont think it really matters. It keeps him busy when hes not patrolling.
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:55 AM   #8 
Calmwaters

Good job getting him a bigger tank. And you should be fore warned. Bettas are like potatoe chips no one can have just one. LOL
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:13 AM   #9 
doggyhog

How nice that you got him a huge tank!!! Mine have all been obsessed with the reflection at first. They are fine now. You can get him some tankmates if you like. Such as Corydoras Catfish. Or you can divide the tank if you like. :)

Yep, and Bettas are extremely addictive! I got one 6 months ago, and now I have eight!!!!!!!!!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:12 PM   #10 
AlexXx

Ya... i donno where i am going to be in a few months, i got once last month and now i have 6...
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote