Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #1 
LizzyP

Betta not liking live plants?

Dumbledore was making me beautiful bubble nests everyday. I would come home and there would be a nest sticking 2 inches off the side of the tank on the far right side. That was until I did a little rearranging and brought home a new rock for him to hide in and a live plant. I thought he would be thrilled. Apparently he wasn't happy because the bubble nests stopped. Fast forward about 2 days and I took the plant out because it was dying and making my tank funky. Yesterday I came home from work and checked on Dumbledore and guess what was there? A bubble nest! Big, bubbly, and beautiful. So now I'm wondering, could my fish not like live plants? Do you think silk plants would be better?

Happy Tuesday :)
LizzyP
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #2 
Zero186

It might be the fact that the water quality was getting bad, but what kind of live plant started dying in 2 days? My bettas love live plants. Bubble nest aren't always a symbol of happiness though it could be Dumbledore was just adjusting to the new environment. 2 days is not enough time to tell exactly what caused him to stop though.
Zero186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #3 
LizzyP

It was a plant from Petsmart. I didn't look at it very carefully when I bought it but I think it was already dying when I brought it home. Plus, I'm a horrible plant keeper, so why I thought I could keep an aquatic plant alive, who knows.
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #4 
Zero186

From experiences with them before sometimes they just pull out the first one they see and it is dying already. I was burned before like this and it wont happen again i always double check the plant before they bag it.
Zero186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #5 
gizmo4

I had live plants in Ms. Blue's tank, she dug them up and they floated to the top. I took them out, she was happy and playing in the open space. She also seemed to be allergic to them and white circles covered her body. Last night I removed the live plant and tonight her skin is clearing up and is more active.
I have a plastic the one she liked when I set her tank up about 4 months ago. I'm new to the Betta scene and still learning about her.
See my post for today.
gizmo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #6 
caphyae

Allergic, white circles on her body? I've never heard of that.
caphyae is offline   Reply With Quote