Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2009, 07:06 PM   #1 
Jupiter

Potential (new?!) tank!

I was talking to my dad on the phone today, and he finds it quite funny that I already have 5 bettas. He keeps fish as well, but doesn't like bettas...to each his own, I guess. Anyway, he has 3 tanks, one which is 50 gal with a rowdy pink kissing gourami that we all love to hate as well as a pleco and whatever else he may have thrown in there in my absence.

But here's some cool news! He tells me that once his fish die (hopefully they live a happy life, though) I can have his tank because he's sick of fish keeping. xD

50 gal...I'm so excited at the prospect. I'm planning ahead to how it's gonna be like and everything, lol. I was thinking of splitting it in 5 (10 gals each) and doing a male, sorority, male, sorority, male pattern. Or I could split the male section further in two and add 3 more males...ohhh, the possiblities seem endless!

This is going to be quite a few years in the future, though...probably when I move out. And er...the kissing gourami and the pleco are about 6-7 years old now. What are their life expectancies, anyway?
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:21 PM   #2 
doggyhog

AWEEESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Pleco's live around 8-10 years on average, and Kissing Gouramis live for about 7 years. :) Soooo, it might not be THAT long!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #3 
Rohland

If i get a 50 gal. this is what I would do.

Thought you may be interested in it as well.
Name:  IDEA.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  15.9 KB
Rohland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #4 
CodeRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohland View Post
If i get a 50 gal. this is what I would do.

Thought you may be interested in it as well.
I wouldn't do it that way, since you can't see two of the boys. That is, if I'm reading that right xD Might not be...
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #5 
ElmoFish

Just out of curiosity, Rholand, how would you go about the horizontal dividers? I can't picture how well dividers would stay that way.. it would be really neat tho..
ElmoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #6 
CodeRed

I myself am in the same boat, but I'm thinking of doing three males on each side, 5 gallons each, and then a 20 Gallon sorority in the middle (: I have eight bettas right now, but one is a gift for my friend, and the other a female, so she would go in the sorority. PLUS, this would give me eight new tanks xD
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #7 
Jupiter

Hmmm...I need to do a little math (NOT a good idea...lol)

There are 2 sororities. Assuming i put 5 females in each, that's 10 females...

And assuming each male gets 5 gallons, that's 6 males...I'm really interested in getting more males. I love my sorority and everything, but I really want to have a go at males too. If I split Felix's 5 gal I can get one more male, but after that I'm not allowed anymore tanks.

Anyway, 16 bettas all together, lol! And then I would have a 10 gal left over and a 5 gal...

Looks like I'm planning out my future addiction!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote