Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm thinking of one of those 2 gallon 360 things from Petsmart. I wouldn't use the airstone and undergravel filter, though. By the way, does anyone know why those things are called filters, I mean, do they really filter anything?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #12 
CodeRed

I actually had to move rooms once, and I'm doing it again. I have no space in my current room for the 55 Gallon I'm going to set up soon, so I need to move to my brother's old room which has tons of space. Things should get easier then.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:27 PM   #13 
Rain Drop

Haha, I know what you mean!
I'm mostly limited to my bedroom though....it wouldn't be fair to my room mates to have tanks everywhere >>;

Even though there's load of space in the basement I don't think it would be very fair to the fish since there's no sunlight and I would have to carry everything up to the 3rd floor just clean and maintain everything D:

lol, ElmoFish, you'll prolly end up using the baby's room anyways ;P
Rain Drop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:39 PM   #14 
AlexXx

Try renting a tiny bedroom in a house and sharing it with your g/f and being restricted to that! I have 1 10 gal, 1 2.5 gal, 2 vases, and 1 beer pitcher filled with fish atm... once i get my 10 gal cycled ill have more room for more fish. I found one day i wanted to rescue so bad... if its alive and kickin 2marrow ima buy him.
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:10 AM   #15 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I'm thinking of one of those 2 gallon 360 things from Petsmart. I wouldn't use the airstone and undergravel filter, though. By the way, does anyone know why those things are called filters, I mean, do they really filter anything?
I think they just say that so you buy them, and they can charge more. Those things aren't cheap! I'm kicking myself for not getting that one I saw for 10 bucks off craigslist....
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:32 AM   #16 
giypsy

Please, oh please put one in the baby's room, or move one there. Nothing better for bebe-head to be entertained with early in the morning. I purposefully set one up where my son would see it while nursing or in his baby contraption, oh-so-many years ago.
giypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:12 PM   #17 
ElmoFish

She's the reason I started getting fish again, acutally.. I hadn't had fish in years, but she loved them so much at the petstore that one day we just came home with a betta. She loves them all, she makes the rounds to all the tanks with me every day, and there are 2 tanks that are actually sitting low enough that she can pull herself up to watch them at eye level and she spends a lot of time "whispering" to the fish. Thank god the ones she can reach don't seem to mind her harrassment, lol.
ElmoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:21 PM   #18 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
BTW, they have those tanks at Walmart for only 29 something.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:26 PM   #19 
ElmoFish

I love the way those 360s look, I think they're super cute.. if I end up with one in the babies room I might go with one of those, they have a light right? I wonder how a betta would feel if i reversed his day/night cycle and made it dark during the day and turned the light on at night.. it would be great for her to have a fish to watch when she's going to sleep..
ElmoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:29 PM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, they have a light. Now I just have to figure which fish to move into it.All my males except Merlot are in 2.5 gallon critter keepers.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote