Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2009, 12:43 PM   #31 
AlexXx

Anyway, i just threw a few in, i think 4 or 5. One is even coming outta the gravel already, and its only little over 2 hrs! SICK!

Ill keep ya all updated :)
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #32 
Jynx

oh- needed batteries for my camera- here is the tank as of 5 minutes ago- the plants have grown quite a bit but haven't totally taken over the tank. If they grow much larger I might start fresh with new bulbs and put these in my dads koi pond - or i might try trimming them- not sure yet- but the fish still seem pretty happy.
This is Lulu and her roommate Mollie

http://yfrog.com/0ofish018bj
Jynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #33 
CodeRed

They look great! I think maybe I'll try them in my sorority when I get it up :3
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:34 PM   #34 
iheartmyfishies

Hmmmm... I guess it was just the bulbs I got. I prefer getting plants that have already started to grow anyways. I must be the most impatient person in the world.
iheartmyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:37 PM   #35 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol! I don't know whether to get any or not. I would have to take them out every time I clean my tank and I don't think that would be good for the plants.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:40 PM   #36 
TigerLily

Yet another update on my plant bulbs:

The three that are doing well have been moved out of the cups and into the tank. They are growing incredibly fast now and look very healthy with more fresh, green growth every day! I've put some more bulbs in separate cups underneath our aerogarden's growing light and added fertilizer to each.

Come on little plants: grow! Grow!
TigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #37 
AlexXx

Hmmmm Mine have not grown at all since i put them in :( its only been a week, but well see.
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #38 
ChristinaRoss

i buy the ones at walmart in pet department, their called lily bulbs, they say "live aquarium bulbs" at the top of package. it contains 2 bulbs, costs about 3.78 and if they dont grow send em back and they send u more.

mine have grown, within 3 weeks the leaves are 6" and its in sand. it attached itself into the sand. i just dropped it into the tank.
but last weekend, it grew a spout in the middle, so from friday night when i noticed the new sprout in the middle, until monday morning it grew 18" !!! thats right, 18" in about 60 hours. i snipped it off.

they will reach the surface, bloom then flower . the remaining leaves are about 8" now. not all of the plant grows to the surface, so u can keep it under control. i love the purplish red leaves. im getting more.
it grew that way and i didnt add fertilizers or anything to help it. now i fertilize my tanks because of other plants

i highly recommend.
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #39 
Jessiefish

My boyfriend put some in his tank and they got pretty mushy and gross -- shortly thereafter his Betta came down with a fungus (he's OK now). He's trying to grow some in a separate bowl now, though.

ETA: He used the Top Fin bulbs.
Jessiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #40 
Grant83

Yeah, the bulbs I got one was very nasty and made my fishy sick (like jessiefish said) but he is doing better now!

I have the rest of the package in a small bowl in the window, and i poked them into the gravel. I added a pinch of plant food, hoping to see if it gets them to grow. I am betting though that if one of the bulbs was bad, the whole package will rot soon.
Grant83 is offline   Reply With Quote