Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #1 
ElmoFish

Unhappy Sad realization...

So, I was wandering around my apartment today, checking on all my fish, with my daughter crawling around behind me, and I realized something sad.. I don't have space for any more betta tanks :(

I have 2 tanks in my living room, 2 in my "office" (technically a dining room, but it makes it possible for me to watch the baby play in the living room and still use my computer) and 1 in the kitchen.. every surface in these rooms that has the ability to support a tank is currently holding one..

I'm betta-capped!

I've even contemplated the idea of setting up a tank in the baby's room, but it wouldn't be fair to have a fish I only watch when I'm changing the baby's diaper.. would it?

How do you guys cope with running out of space?

Last edited by ElmoFish; 09-25-2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Typo :)
ElmoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:08 PM   #2 
doggyhog

Oh! You had me scared by that title. Phew!

Hehe. Ummm.... I MAKE room. :D I'm very sad to say, but I'm running out of room for big tanks. Just room for a spawning tank and jars. That's pretty much it. Uh oh, D:

You could put one in the babies room, and then go in there more often. :)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #3 
TianTian

"You could put one in the babies room, and then go in there more often. :)"

I lol'd.
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #4 
Jupiter

It's okay, I barely have enough room for Felix's 5 gal. I'm thinking of putting my printer in the gargage to make toom for another tank...and that's about it.

You should put it in your baby's room, then you'll have to find more excuses to hang around there. But I'm just worried that it won't be er...clean? What i mean to say is, would it be safe for your baby?
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #5 
InsideTheBurg

I forced myself to make room.... now there are bettas EVERYWHERE! You can make it happen. I have a tiny 2BR apartment and have 10 bettas and am dying for more!
InsideTheBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #6 
ElmoFish

Aww.. guys, you make it soo hard! I was hoping for posts like "I just stop coming home with new bettas" LOL.. I've actually contemplated putting a tank on my dresser in my bedroom, but somehow I don't think my boyfriend would approve of sharing a bedroom with a fish, although he told me I could line the whole apartment with fish tanks as long as he doesn't have to take care of them...
Old 09-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have a bookcase I could put one more on but it's not too sturdy so I don't think I will.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #8 
ElmoFish

LOL, DQ you know one of these days you'll see a little betta boy or girl who will steal your heart, and sturdy or not that bookcase will be sporting a new tank :)

I've realised that if I can get my hands on another 5 gallon hex tank like the one next to my TV, I could move my babies books someplace out of her reach (I'm tired of picking them up anyway, when she decides to read a story, and throws the whole lot of them on the floor) and put it on the other side of the TV, the symmetry would be good for the room i think..
Old 09-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol Its tempting to get another one with the Petsmart gift certificate I got for my birthday. I'd kind of like to get a 2 or 2.5 gallon tank.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #10 
ElmoFish

I've decided that basically any more tanks I get will be 5+ gallons, just so I can cycle them easily, and then not have to deal with full water changes.. I love how cute the little 2.5s look tho, and they're the perfect home for one betta :)