Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-28-2009, 08:37 AM   #21 
ElmoFish

I'm 23.. I had betta's as a kid.. no idea what age, probably 10 or so.. and I just got back into fish after my daughter was born, as she loves to watch them.
ElmoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:48 AM   #22 
indiandi

I'm 46 and got Diego in Aug. for my 4 year old daughter. But we all know who take care of him. He is my first true venture into the world of fish. Like most kids, I had a couple of carnival gold fish that never lasted long. I'm a cat person, but Diego is very cool, active and seems happy in his 2.5 gal tank. I just would have picked a different name for him.
indiandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #23 
Calmwaters

I am 32 and have been keeping fish since I was about 10. I got my first betta probably about 5 years ago. I had him in a 20 gallon tropical community tank for 2 years at my old office.
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #24 
PinkDiamond

Crazy! I had no idea what to expect for ages here!

I'm 24 and got my first betta when I was... 24! Just got him a few months ago. I had goldfish when I was younger but they definitely lived in a tank shaped like a gumball machine and probably could have had cleaner water, so my little betta is my first serious fish!
PinkDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #25 
Lady Ivy

I am 29 and gettin younger every yr lol :p i had my first 12 gold fish at the age of 13 and had my first betta at the age of 27 yep yep :)
Lady Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #26 
ChristinaRoss

well i am 40 and feel younger and older all at the same time LOL
i have a son whos 18 (just graduated HS) a 16 yrold son
annnnnnnnnd............an 18 MONTH old son

anyhoo, my family owned a pet store back in the 80's
i miss those days, was fun having all types of animals

so ive had fish off and on for 25+ years, but my first betta i got 10 years ago and he lived for almost 6 years
recently ive gotten addicted to bettas hehe
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #27 
DragonFish

18, got my fist betta when I was 17...picked him up at a craft store I now look back at the little bowl he was kept in when I bought him and am amazed he could move in it at all

I'd had a couple small tanks with goldfish and fish caught in our local pond when I was little, but stopped keeping fish when we moved across the country and got interested in horses When we moved again a few years ago shortly after my 15th Birthday my parents decided to let me have a little tank(2 gallons)with a single goldfish named Napoleon(Napoleon Dynamite xD). Of course I had no clue what I was doing, and eventually my little Napoleon died...and then came the Hermit Crabs, which I kept for about a year.

Then my dad got this 50 gallon for his office, brought it home when he left that job, and I kept Mollies, then after that we had the Gouramis, and then dad gave the tank to me and suggested I go online and find a fish forum and learn all about this stuff so I could maybe get a job in the fish department at a local store.....and six months later here I am with 6 tanks, 8 bettas, and am working on breeding my betta babies

Well, thats my story. Sorry its so long
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #28 
RoseyD

I'm envious of Lupin's 2 ponds...

I got my first bettas two months ago and a li'l bit ago. I'm addicted and it's not pretty. 9 tanks (and no ponds...) - Wish I had space for that little upgrade. :) Imagine how many bettas I could fit in those...

*sigh* I'm older than Methusela...

nah, not really - but, it sounded like the perfect time to say that line... how many young'uns even know who Methusela was?

So, now that I've dated myself - I'm 41. The fish and first 2 tanks were a birthday present to myself...

OH BOY!
RoseyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:46 PM   #29 
jut

I'm new here, and this is my first post. I'll give you a hint of my age: My new Betta's name is Warren Beatta. My 17 year old babysitter didn't get it at all. DramaQueen, surely you do??!!
jut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #30 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, I get it. lol Welcome to FishForum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote