Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-27-2009, 01:42 PM   #1 
ChloesMom

Crazy Question

Good afternoon all, I have a strange question for everyone. Chloe likes to squeeze into places she really cant fit into. It use to be she would squeeze inbetween the glass and her plant. So when I changed her water, I moved her plant. She somehow found a spot to squeeze inbetween the rocks on the bottom and a hole in her cave. So the next time I changed the water, I made sure that there was no way for her to squeeze inbetween anything. She then found a way to squeeze behind the filter. Now I blocked that too, but now watching her she has found a way to lay on one of the leaves of her plant to bend it towards her cave and now is playing inbetween that. I cant seem to win, but Im worried that she is gonna get stuck and drown. Does anyone else have his problem? Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might be able to do to deter this behavior, or should I just let her be?
ChloesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #2 
Eolith

I would let her be. My little bugger likes to hang out in snug little spots too, but he hasn't gotten stuck or anything. It seems unlikely that she would get really stuck in a place like between glass and a plant or her cave. The filter I might be a little more worried about, but not much.

I think she probably knows what she's doing. ;) Just let her go about her day as she wishes.
Eolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:08 PM   #3 
Jazattackk

I agree with Eolith, but if you see her actually stuck, I would do something about it. :)
Jazattackk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:39 PM   #4 
NotMicrowaveSafe

My fish does the same thing- he keeps trying to swim between the thermometer and the side of the tank. He can fit through at the bottom, but not the top. I just keep an eye on him, but I doubt he'll actually get himself stuck for good. I wouldn't worry too much about your girl, she's probably just having fun.
NotMicrowaveSafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #5 
ChloesMom

i know she is a nut, if i dont keep the hood on her tank she tries to commit suicide, i cant tell you how many times we have had to save her, if we open the hood to feed her and turn for a second, she is flopping on the table, she is crazy, i just wanted to make sure that others do the same thing, thanks guys
ChloesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #6 
Eolith

Lol, just take into consideration how sleek and wiggly they are. They're tough buggers to catch!
Eolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:02 PM   #7 
giypsy

FredFish likes to hang out in an under the roots of the Java. He will find a way to wedge himself between the glass and the root structure. Alternatively he will lay on one of the leaves near the roots for a catnap.
giypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #8 
Vikki81207

lol she sounds like a crazy little girl. But yeah I would just keep an eye on her. She sounds like quite the cute character.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote