Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #1 
vikingchick12

Unhappy Too many losses...

Ok so this all happened a month ago. I've been too busy with school to write about this and get it out of my system. So, it all started with Walmart. I got 4 guppies there and at my boyfriends house I put them in the 10 gallon tank to quarantine them. After a few days of being fine I put them in the 60 gallon tank with my 3 girls(Troublemaker, Sapphire, and Rose) and a few other fish. Everything was fine, I cleaned the 10 gallon tank and put my two boys (Ghost and Phoenix) in the tank, divided of course. Then after a few days Ghost and Phoenix passed away overnight along with Sapphire and Rose. Troublemaker was barely alive and passed away a little bit later. Also the sickness took the 2 neon's and killed 3 of the guppies. It has been unfortunately a big shock and it makes me really sad that it all happened. I just hope they are all ok in fishie heaven. Also RIP the small female betta I tried to get for the sorority but she refused to eat no matter what I did. :( RIP guys and just know I wanted to have more playmates with you in the tank.
vikingchick12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #2 
jadaBlu

I am sorry for your losses. I can PM you some preventatives for combining new fish in the future if you like.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #3 
RussellTheShihTzu

Sorry for your losses. I know it was tough.

Next time, quarantine for at least two weeks; preferably a month. If they're carrying something it usually shows up in the first four weeks.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote