Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #1 
LoveMyGod2001

Need some advice on breeding

I need some advice. I am interested in breeding betta fish. This is my first time breeding any kind of animal, I am in middle school & using my mom's account with her.

I have a male and a female crown tail betta fish... My male betta fish started to make a bubble nest. And my female looks fat, she has a white dot under her belly, she is not swimming a lot and she is eating more. But there are no vertical lines\bars. Currently they are in their own tanks but they can see each other. I am going to get a 10 gallon tank with plants, a heater, and then I am going to try to breed them.... Is there any advise that any of you have for me? It will be appreciated. Thanks! BTW, I live in San Diego county and would love to see someone else's set up if you are open to it!
LoveMyGod2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #2 
Paolo Osorio

Well it's a lot to explain, so I'm not going to do it! I'm sure you will get a lot of people willing to go through it step by step though. What I did when I was first starting out was to look up a ton of stuff on youtube. That's helpful because you can actually see what's going on instead of just reading about it. Just don't take everything "Thai Ty betta" says without comparing notes with other people. His videos are called " learn betta breeding from the number 1 breeder in the world." Some of his tips are helpful, but pretty much everyone develops their own techniques as they go along, and he insists that his way is the ONLY way. Anyway, keep researching!
Paolo Osorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #3 
LoveMyGod2001

Thank you so much!
Old 11-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #4 
Paolo Osorio

No problem. Ask some other people on here, I'm sure there are hundreds eager to fill your head with everything they know.
Paolo Osorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #5 
registereduser

You will get hundreds of baby fish. What will you do with them?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Have you done your research? Breeding isn't as simple as throwing a pair in a tank and letting nature take it's course. Here is a stcky with questions that yhttp://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/breeding-betta-fish/breeding-questions-87172/ou should be able to answer if you've done your research. Also, fry cannot eat what adults eat. I'm sure a fw of our breeders will be along shortly to answer more of your questions. Didn't work. Hold on.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/b...estions-87172/
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #8 
LoveMyGod2001

Yes, thank you, I have been researching for weeks during my free time. I'm looking for "real person" input and advice by posting here. Thank you!

My thought was to give them away as Christmas gifts to my co-op and school (about 70 people) and if we have left overs to see if I can start selling them... I would like to have my own business one day, who knows, this might be it! What do you do with your 100s of babies? I certainly didn't think more than 100 would actually live...so that is valuable insight. What containers do you use to keep them separated once that is necessary? where do you get them?

Thank you for your help!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #9 
LoveMyGod2001

Through my research I know that the fry need to eat micro worms and Vinegar eels for the first three weeks about... But my local pet store does not sell them. Where do you get yours???
Old 11-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #10 
GhostFeather

Look at Aquabid.com, under the live food section for the food for your fry.
My last pair I breed, I skipped all the micro worms, feed the Vinegar Ells for the first couple of days and then started them on BBS, with Vinegar Ells a couple of times a day.
I really noticed much larger growth without the Micros!
Bill
GhostFeather is offline   Reply With Quote