Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #1 
LiSanJess

Saved 2 sad sad little crowntails (yep 2 new babies)

Hey everyone,

i was at a small fish shop and couldn't believe my eyes when i saw the only 5 bettas he had left. 4 CT and one big VT the CT were all very very tiny but so sad looking i fell inlove with a one who was mostly white with red fins. i used some betta revive and had been preparing my old tank for a new arrival. So i bought 2 the smallest they had and both are very timid. I am just worried about one he is SO LAZY and so slow moving i actually JUST thought he was dead i put my fingers in the tank i actually curled it around him and brought him to the top and he didnt move only when i turned a brighter light on did he all of a sudden start darting around. Could he just be that lazy he also seems to like swimming on his side and always pointing downwards. Its not about the money i spent i cant stand to see any animal suffer and i just want to make sure i provide the best care. If he makes it i may just have to call him Snooze since thats all he seems to do! lol ~L
LiSanJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #2 
AlexXx

I just saved one today too! i dont know about that one ct though, he sounds like hes not doing to good if u can wrap your finger around him..... or maybe he was sleeping. ive caught mine sleeping at the top and i am able to touch them a few times before they wake up! haha Then they dart away. My first fishy desmond lets me pet him though :) Good luck with your fish! Pics!?
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #3 
ElmoFish

petting fish is a bad idea.. it messes with their slime coat.. just FYI...
ElmoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:41 PM   #4 
LiSanJess

WELL i tried my best they were both in hospital tanks i think they were both really sick when i got them very slow moving i thought i could nurse them back i am sad to announce Snooze is dead i think that swim was his last hoorah he gave. And the other little guy will not last through the night. However it doesnot detour me i will find not one but 2 new Betta's tomorrow. Im thinking i may get a female and another male. I have a special love for the CT but i have now found a place in Ottawa that breeds double tail bettas. Thanks for the well wish's though :)
Old 09-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about your fish! You gave them a good home for the short time you had them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #6 
LiSanJess

yeah we like to look at the positive side of life here in my house!
Old 09-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #7 
AlexXx

awwww im sorry! You should take them back and get your money back, most places have a 72 hr or so guarantee.
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:48 AM   #8 
BakaMandy

LISANJESS YOU LIVE IN OTTAWA?! LIKE OTTAWA CANADA?!

:DDDD I live in Ottawa! It would be cool to run into another Ottawa-tarian on here :P
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:11 AM   #9 
Jupiter

Omg! You live in Ottawa too! It would be great if they told me where they are! I looooove doubletails.

Where do you guys get your fish from btw?
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #10 
giypsy

Ottawa used to be my playground, love the countryside once you get past the metropolitan area. I don't live in Metro Detroit anymore and miss trips "over the river."
giypsy is offline   Reply With Quote