Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2009, 08:28 PM   #11 
andakin

this forum is notorious for shunning first time breeders. i guess they want to stress the importance of preparedness.
andakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:28 PM   #12 
littleBernice

I know you have to take months I realized that when I first looked into this. Good Lord your point was pointed out way back and if ur such an expert with your 7 fish with i bet huge tanks and heaters is it your life? dose ur life revolve around them? get a life!
littleBernice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:29 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

During conditioning, you feed the pair rich, nutritious foods like bloodworms and brine shrimp. This helps the female to develop her eggs. During this time, the male should start working on a bubblenest.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #14 
littleBernice

conditioning is letting the male and female get to know each other
Old 09-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #15 
CodeRed

Please be nice, Bernice. I would like you to know I do have a life. Bettas is a hobby for me, that keeps my stress down. I got my first one after my dad died, and whenever I have a particularity hard day or week, I usually end up getting one. I intend to pursue Marine Biology in college, so eventually, fish will be my life. I'm not trying to be rude. I'm trying to explain. Just a few minutes ago you asked what a bubblenest is, telling me that you're an extreme beginner. Jumping into breeding headfirst is not a smart move. I'm going to go now, and hope you understand that we're not trying to be mean, just trying to explain.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:34 PM   #16 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
Thank you dramaqueen!!!!!!!!
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:36 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't think anyone is trying to shun anyone here. I think the point is, like andakin said, stressing the importance of preparedness.
And please, let's not start world war 3 here.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #18 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
Again, thank you dramaqueen!!!
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:39 PM   #19 
littleBernice

ok well I am not doin it now oviously and you are acting like i am stupid. Fish are fish ya they are cool to look at but collecting fish and putting them in 20 gallon tanks is a waste of time and money. i knew what one was i didnt know why she did it
Old 09-29-2009, 08:45 PM   #20 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleBernice View Post
Fish are fish ya they are cool to look at but collecting fish and putting them in 20 gallon tanks is a waste of time and money.
You think that collecting fish is stupid, and yet you want to breed them? Breeding bettas pretty much IS collecting them.

OK, I'm going to try and explain some things here.

We are NOT trying to make you look stupid. We are NOT trying to be mean. We are just making sure your not doing it "Just for fun" or to "See what happens". Look, It makes me mad when people come to this forum asking for advice, and then getting mad at us for trying to help?

Sorry to be harsh.. But I'm just trying to get my point across. So, if you would like help, and will take advice politely, feel free to ask. :)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote