Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2009, 09:46 PM   #21 
Rohland
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleBernice View Post
I know you have to take months I realized that when I first looked into this. Good Lord your point was pointed out way back and if ur such an expert with your 7 fish with i bet huge tanks and heaters is it your life? dose ur life revolve around them? get a life!
Well bettas actually thrive in bigger tanks with heaters to keep their water warm which is what they NEED. And yes many people's lives do revolve around their fish, which leads to your next quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleBernice View Post
ok well I am not doin it now oviously and you are acting like i am stupid. Fish are fish ya they are cool to look at but collecting fish and putting them in 20 gallon tanks is a waste of time and money. i knew what one was i didnt know why she did it
Fish are not only fish, they are pets and deserve the same treatment as your dog or cat. Also yes putting one betta by itself in a 20 gallons could be a waste of money. However if the aquarium is split, or is a community aquarium, it could be a better solution.

People here want to provide the best lives for their fish and care about them a lot. If you don't maybe this isn't the place for you.
Rohland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:48 PM   #22 
littleBernice
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
You breed for fun though...... well breeding you dont keep all 30 fish and i said i was considering
littleBernice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #23 
doggyhog
Member
 
doggyhog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the middle of no where (PA)
Yes, I am. But I have researched, prepared, and spent tons of money. I'm doing this because it is my Hobby. I only have two hobbies. This being one of them.

Look dude, I don't want to fight. You want help, just ask for it. I'll be glad to help.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #24 
Rohland
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleBernice View Post
You breed for fun though...... well breeding you dont keep all 30 fish and i said i was considering
Yes people breed for fun, however you can kill your fish if you aren't ready. Your fry need live food, clean water, lots of space to grow, warm water. And seeing that you are already not providing your one female betta with the necessities, it is not a good idea. Also you need to find places to get rid of the bettas. Most pet stores won't take VT bettas which yours probably will be, because its cheaper and easier to get them from over seas. You will also need jars to seperate all the babies once they get bigger.

Also you can get over 50 eggs easily, what would you do? I will not go onto the culling topic.
Rohland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:58 PM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
Breeding can result in one hundred or more babies and they need homes. Most petstores won't take babies because they have their own suppliers.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #26 
andakin
Member
 
andakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleBernice View Post
conditioning is letting the male and female get to know each other
thats what i used to think conditioning meant too; but its not. conditioning simply means getting your fish into the healthiest shape they can be through diet. the goal for the female is to produce healthy and plentiful eggs, while for the male is to prepare him for several days of rigorous workout.
andakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:08 PM   #27 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
Spawning is very stressful to both the male and female. It doesn't just happen as soon as you put the pair together. The male will chase her around and if a female isn't ready, he'll kill her.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:51 PM   #28 
iheartmyfishies
Member
 
iheartmyfishies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
This is a place where the members help each other out with suggestions not tell each other to get a life. We're all friends here!
iheartmyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:05 AM   #29 
Rohland
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmyfishies View Post
This is a place where the members help each other out with suggestions not tell each other to get a life. We're all friends here!
Thank you! Because really.. this is OUR life.
Rohland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #30 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
I know my bettas are MY life! lol When I'm not petsitting or house sitting.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bernice Just Will Not... littleBernice Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 16 09-29-2009 11:59 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.