Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #1 
Nightwisp

New Tank, Filter Problems

So, I got a new 10 gallon tank last night for two of my betta boys, Triton and Pallaton. I decorated it and it is divided and they both seem quite happy. Not too preoccupied with flaring at each other, though that does happen here and there. They both have a theme of hiding places and plants to swim through. I'm happy that they're happy. Pallaton especially is always exploring.

My question is, the filter I have in there is way too strong. It's on Triton's side and the poor guy can't swim well with it on. He ends up huddled in a corner. I know I can baffle it, but how do I go about doing that? Which way is more efficient (and relatively cheap)? I would also like to know how often I should clean it.

Here is their tank:

Last edited by Nightwisp; 11-06-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Nightwisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #2 
kyle89

aquarium sponge makes a nice baffle for filters and also extra space for bb to grow on. just stick it in with the filter to slow the flowdown. i have personally only gotten 1 good filter with a start up tank. the 10 gallon i just bought i went and got a adjustable API filter and love it.
kyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 gallon, baffle, filter, new tank