Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #1 
summnd

$500 Betta

Maybe it's just me, but I would never spend $500 on a Betta, not even if I had Bill Gates' money.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRICELESS-I-...item51b384c5bf
He is pretty though..what do you guys think?
summnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #2 
LittleBettaFish

I recently spent $200 on a pair of wild bettas that were just over an inch in size, and I know some people might consider no fish worth that price.

It all comes down to how much someone is willing to spend. A person with a large disposable income, may not give a second thought to spending several hundred dollars on a fish. However, there are others who think spending $50 on a fish is exoirbant.

Personally, I would not spend $500 on that particular fish. However, there are certain bettas that I would very easily pay several hundred dollars to own.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #3 
summnd

I checked out your site earlier, and for me, I would spend $200 on a PAIR (not one) of wild Bettas and possibly a couple others..I can't think of a fish I'd spend $500 on for just 1 though. It just really interested me and I was curious as to how far others would go for that particular fish or for the fish of their dreams.
summnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #4 
peachii

Wild bettas are one thing, you're breeding them and doing a good service by helping save them.

But that fish is more than likely a marble and I'd bet money on it changing colors (if it hasn't already). It's been listed for well over 3? months and no one has bought it yet. I still don't (and never did) see why they named it I Love you betta - because the grey vaguely resembles a heart?
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #5 
LittleBettaFish

A wild betta is still a betta. I don't own them because they are endangered and want to save them. I own them because I like the look of them.

Like I said I don't think that particular betta is worth $500 as it looks pretty ordinary to me.

However, if I was still into splendens, had the money, and found a fish I really wanted, I could still see myself spending a couple of hundred dollars. Maybe not $500, but probably around the $200-250 mark.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #6 
logisticsguy

That fish is still for sale? Its been around for some time and just isn't worth the money they are asking.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #7 
rickey
Banned

You would be surprised what the right fish will sale for. I had a 2 year old AAA Goldfish sale for just under a 1000 two year ago.

R
rickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #8 
Perocore

Well, I would pay up near $800 for a fully grown, female, rare species of tarantula or a pair of fully grown, rare tarantulas...and I would pay $500 for a really nice koi, but I really would not pay that much for a betta. I love bettas, but I am no betta breeder and it's pricey enough to set up a really good tank, so I don't want to go spending that much money on a fish when the supplies will set me back $50 alone.
Perocore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #9 
Chachi

NO way!! I don't even see the supposed "I <3 U" on that fish! LOL
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #10 
rickey
Banned

It takes a special hobbyist to invest in a high-end fish
In fact, it takes a lot of cash to be a dedicated hobbyist.
I wouldn't know a 500 dollar Betta if I saw one, but does mean other people don't.

R
rickey is offline   Reply With Quote