Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-28-2009, 08:39 PM   #1 
Ralphieee

What tank should I buy for Ralphie? =)

I don't know what tank I should get. I'm going to the pet store tomorrow, so does anyone have any good recommendations? I don't want to spend a ton of money and I'm looking for a tank that gives me the most bang for my buck! I will take any suggestions though. Anything else I will need? Thanks everyone!
Ralphieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:03 PM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I have 2.5G Mini Bowls and I love them. They're $40 and I saw a 5G Eclipse for $30 at Petsmart. If I saw that before I bought the other ones I would've gotten that one. I'd recommend 2.5G or up. I don't use filters or heaters so I'm not sure what tanks have good filters or heaters. Hopefully someone on here can answer that. I'd get some rocks and a long plant(not sharp) so he can hide in it. I hope I helped some!
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #3 
Rohland

At walmart you can get a 10 gal aquarium for around $35. You can split it into two or three. For more bettas. Comes with everything except a heater. Depending where you live you may not need a heater.. However it would be better if you have them.

BettaXfishxcrazy, where do you keep your bettas in. I want more! LOL and yours look good, nicely decorated.
Rohland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #4 
AlexXx

Or you could just get the basic 2.5 gall rectangle for like 10-15 bucks depending on where you shop. You just have to clean it out every week.
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:30 AM   #5 
Jynx

My Lulu loves her 3 gallon eclipse- and I know its a good tank because my ex husband had the same model for his guppies for many years.
http://img41.imageshack.us/i/booandfish2.jpg/
Jynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:32 AM   #6 
dr2b

I have two 5 gallon corner eclipses and love it. They are so quiet you have to check if they are running sometimes lol... well more like my dad - he always thinks the filter is shut off because they are quiet. But I hear the minibows are great too.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #7 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohland View Post
At walmart you can get a 10 gal aquarium for around $35. You can split it into two or three. For more bettas. Comes with everything except a heater. Depending where you live you may not need a heater.. However it would be better if you have them.

BettaXfishxcrazy, where do you keep your bettas in. I want more! LOL and yours look good, nicely decorated.
Thanks! I have them in 2.5G tanks with the dividers. The tanks are called a Mini Bowl. I have 5 of those and my female is in a 1G and one of my very small males is in a 1.5G tank. When I move out and have more room I'll get bigger tanks but for now they seem to be comfortable enough.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #8 
gus6464

If you don't mind an acrylic tank I really like those Eclipse Hex 5 tanks. You can put a lot of plants in them and you change out the bulb on the hood with a power compact bulb. All you would need to add is a small heater and you are set. I have 3 of the tetra submersible heaters and they work flawlessly. They are automatically set to 78deg and I have never seen my tank temps fluctuate.

Eclipse Hexagon 5 Aquarium by Marineland - Aquariums - Fish - PetSmart
gus6464 is offline   Reply With Quote