Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #1 
JakeHendy

My Betta

Hi there,

Saw this website when me + mum (im 14 ok..) were looking around about Betta fish. Since then we have got a BiUbe (quite funky), 4 guppies (yet one died in the 4th week), then in the 3rd week we got a pleco and Betta.
Guppy Names ~
~ Solay (I think he is the one that died :()
~ Shadow (Him and solay were rainbow guppies)
~ Bluey (Blue Guppy)
~ Sky (Another Blue Guppy)
~ Pocahontus (mums name for the pleco)
~ Simon (The Betta!)
So far they have survived white spot, and when Solay died, Mr Simon decided to nibble at him slightly.
I think that now Solay has gone, the fish seem happier.
How mean tehehehe.

Pictures Attached, ill try and attach more, need to get better photo's!

Jake,
Attached Images

JakeHendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #2 
CodeRed

I'd watch the pleco carefully. Plecos can grow to be absolutely huge, and they can get aggressive. Eventually he could be up to a foot long. Pretty betta, though!
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #3 
doggyhog

Pretty!!!

yeah, find that pleco a home when he starts to grow. If he is a common pleco, he could grow to be 24 inches long. D:
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #4 
JakeHendy

Yeah, we're getting another fish tank tomorrow (petsathome were selling it off, we ask, give them our home number, say they'll call on monday, come tuesday no call, mum emails customer support and we get it for 50 instead of 85 hehe), 60L, in which Simon, Pocahontus (you get used to it), and some small tetra's or neon's will live in.
Simon + Pocahontus are very close though, they get closer to each other than any other fish.

Simon was loosing his colour, it went to nearly transparent and now its going red? Is this normal or is it stress because of the white spot etc?

Many thanks, and yes he's a pretty boy, likes hiding hehe cheeky bugger, scared me + mum a few times too.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #5 
Jupiter

Welcome to the forum, you've got a nice guy!

Keep in mind that 60L will be nowhere near enough room for a pleco. They get to be huge...so if you intend on keeping him, he will need a much bigger tank eventually.

Keep a careful eye on your fish. You mentioned they nibbeled on the corpse of the sick fish, so they may get it too. Did you wash everything out after your one guppy died?
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:16 AM   #6 
JakeHendy

Yeah, my dad, before he left before I was born, had a massive tank that filled the bay window, and the flor had to be reinforced.
Mr Pleco will get his own tank eventually, and him and Simon can be moved, again!
They're like family so,
And no, we didnt clean the tank out, but we do do frequent water changes, have the temperature high and keep putting the White Spot Treatment in.

They seem fine however, white spot is retracting and they're all happy :)
Old 10-02-2009, 07:29 AM   #7 
giypsy

Hi Jake;

Mr. Simon looks a lot like FredFish, 'cept the scarlet is in different places on both fishes. What is the thing directly under Mr. Simon in the first picture? Plant or coral or something else?
Good Luck with Mr. Simon
giypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:36 AM   #8 
Calmwaters

Good luck with your fish and welcome to the forum.
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:07 AM   #9 
JakeHendy

Hi there,
Thanks calmwaters and giypsy, the pink thing under Simon (often when in good moods pronounced in a slightly welsh accent Si-Maan) is a rock, fake and smooth, apparently one morning when mum came down Simon was in between the little elevations in the rock having a nap hehe

Many Thanks,
Old 10-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #10 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeHendy View Post
Yeah, my dad, before he left before I was born, had a massive tank that filled the bay window, and the flor had to be reinforced.
Mr Pleco will get his own tank eventually, and him and Simon can be moved, again!
They're like family so,
And no, we didnt clean the tank out, but we do do frequent water changes, have the temperature high and keep putting the White Spot Treatment in.

They seem fine however, white spot is retracting and they're all happy :)
Sounds good! But yeah, just keep a close on your fish for a while, just in case.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote