Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #411 
celie

Wow, I had no idea there were so many different types of beautiful bettas out there. I thought they were all similar to my Lex. He's a solid veiltail. :) It makes me want to buy another beautiful betta... but I don't think I can handle more than 1 right now as a newbie fish owner.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #412 
JadeAngel

Purely curious... I knew this was a double tail when I got him, but looking at the different tails from this page... could he be a rose double tail or feather double tail?

Just curious because I've never seen heard of them before, and my double tail is much more ruffled than the others I see at the petstore.
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #413 
Greekalphabet

Thanks so much! This was really helpful!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #414 
lauraannq

THANK YOU... i was just wondering what all the terms were... now um.. you all made me want a 'fancy' beta not my local fish store beta
Old 10-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #415 
mkayum

I think she might be a platinum white maybe possible a delta or just a female plakat....?
Old 11-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #416 
JadeSparrow

sorry if this was answered earlier in the thread but how would you determine the number of rays? I'm a newbie at labeling fish, I know I have a vt but was just curious how you can count the rays.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #417 
Fin Fancier

Lol. All this time I assumed petsmart had sold me a halfmoon with a lackluster spread. After looking through this thread I realized they mis-labelled a delta tail. Well At least now I can call him what he is.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #418 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin Fancier View Post
Lol. All this time I assumed petsmart had sold me a halfmoon with a lackluster spread. After looking through this thread I realized they mis-labelled a delta tail. Well At least now I can call him what he is.
They seem to mislabel them frequently. I can't tell you how often I see a beta that is at most super delta labeled "half moon double tail". Petco and Petsmart seem to do that a lot. Though, it may just be the work of whoever sells them the bettas?
Old 11-15-2012, 02:49 AM   #419 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeSparrow View Post
sorry if this was answered earlier in the thread but how would you determine the number of rays? I'm a newbie at labeling fish, I know I have a vt but was just curious how you can count the rays.
it's not the number of rays you count, it's the number of branches in each individual ray. look at your fish (when he's calm and stationary) and visually trace a ray from the base of his tail and look for splits. a veiltail should only have one split, resulting in two branches, but deltas and halfmoons have anywhere from 4 to 32 branches per ray (32 being a SERIOUS feathertail situation up in the joint)
Old 11-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #420 
Chuckee

I'm still most partial to the Delta and Half-Moon, although the Half-Sun is now on my Must-Acquire list.
Closed Thread

Tags
alex wuz here : >3