Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-04-2009, 02:34 AM   #1 
LiSanJess

Thanks to the LACK of knowledge @ petsmart.....

I was shopping for einstein trying to see if i could get any other medications and i saw the SMALLEST little male ct all black and red needless to say i fell inlove. I had my mom with me and asked her to select 2 females since i was getting a new 10G tank with a divider i wanted some girls in our life. WELL i left to go to the next store and leave the task to my excited mom of picking 2 females. The sales rep helped and we made our way to my house i was happy to be suprised WELL SURPRISED i was since i knew instantly i had another male! So far the female is with my little CT to be named. He is so small she doesnt seem to even care when he flares at her.She is double his size.I just have to put together yet ANOTHER tank now since i cant return him it was meant to be and he is very beautiful here are some pictures.
Attached Images

LiSanJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:48 AM   #2 
iheartmyfishies

I can never read posts with big pictures in them because the ad is in the way! I wish I could read what you have to say. So frustrating!
iheartmyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:03 AM   #3 
AngelicScars

Hmmm, well if I'm seeing/reading correctly you are housing a male and female together on one side of a divided tank?
That's a no no. Never house a male and female together unless you are breeding.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:53 AM   #4 
DefyingGravity

Quote:
was shopping for einstein trying to see if i could get any other medications and i saw the SMALLEST little male ct all black and red needless to say i fell inlove. I had my mom with me and asked her to select 2 females since i was getting a new 10G tank with a divider i wanted some girls in our life. WELL i left to go to the next store and leave the task to my excited mom of picking 2 females. The sales rep helped and we made our way to my house i was happy to be suprised WELL SURPRISED i was since i knew instantly i had another male! So far the female is with my little CT to be named. He is so small she doesnt seem to even care when he flares at her.She is double his size.I just have to put together yet ANOTHER tank now since i cant return him it was meant to be and he is very beautiful here are some pictures
Just for those who couldn't read the original post :)

Your tank looks beautiful, and your fish are lovely as well.
DefyingGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #5 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicScars View Post
Hmmm, well if I'm seeing/reading correctly you are housing a male and female together on one side of a divided tank?
That's a no no. Never house a male and female together unless you are breeding.
That is correct. ^

You can divide the tank into three parts if you don't want to have to take any one back to the store. Because males and females should never be housed together.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #6 
AlexXx

hahah god some of these guys that work at these stores are so dumb. I really want to get a job at one just to deal with the bettas lol.

Good luck with you new pets :)
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #7 
LiSanJess

I am familiar about housing them I think the male is very very young still because today they are fine and he is the one hiding in cave imbuying a new filter for my emergency 1.5 g I'll move him into that since he is still so tiny until I get another tank.but for the first night they were great and my pictures don't show how tiny he is.she is more interested in Sid.and since she is trying to break down the divider we have named them Sid and Nancy.Einstein is in afrenzy too I don't know how clear he see's her since he is starting to make a bubble nest.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #8 
LiSanJess

So it's only getting worse Nancy is trying to break the divider down to get to sid she doest even look at sharkbait now(yep finding nemo ) lol he is just feisty on his own.nancy however looked funny to me last night and I finally started looking closely at her and realized half her face gills are gone on the left when she flares only one side does I don't want to return her since they will dispose of her.however can she live okay like that will it grow back.and under her I see a white spot is that an egg sack and can this be why she is after sid?I am new to females!!
Old 10-04-2009, 09:31 PM   #9 
AlexXx

just put her in your little 1.5 gall tank, it doesnt need a filter..
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:59 PM   #10 
LiSanJess

So after a LONG day of watching and waiting i moved Nancy into her own tank however Sid seems alittle sad so I will get a second divider and i guess they will all have 3G and a bit to themselves.Anyway have any advice about where to place the filter if its split 3 ways? Right now i have it in the very middle and i had to create a little tarp to slow down the current since this Tetra tanks filter doesn't even have a way to reduce the speed of the filter.Attached are pictures of Nancy's Side gill you can see how it looks like it was ripped off or maybe fungus i am not sure.Then Below is SharkBaitZ(still the tiniest CT i have ever had :) and Sid who i think is a VT i am not sure (he is the one they said was a female to my mom.So everyone is happy and seperated for now :P p.s sorry the pic are so big still getting use to my iphone and the settings!
Attached Images

Last edited by LiSanJess; 10-05-2009 at 12:19 AM. Reason: pictures too big!