Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #1 
Ralphieee

Ralphie just "spit up" his whole pellet..twice+

I just changed his water, so I don't know if it's from him being stressed out or what, but his pellets keep "escaping" from his mouth. Then he'll try to eat it again, and the same thing happens. He just ate one about five minutes before, no problem and I always give him two pellets per feeding time. Could he be sick?

Oh, and should I be using Bettafix as a preventative, or only if he is sick?

Thanks everyone =)
Ralphieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

It sounds like he's just stressed out. In my opinion I wouldn't use the Bettafix until you know for sure that he's actually sick. I just bought Bettafix a couple days ago to treat a couple of my fish that have fin rot, how do you like it?
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #3 
Ralphieee

I hope your fish get better soon! I can't tell if he's sick or not, he's acted the same since I got him-gets very excited when he sees me and darts around his tank. I can't tell if his fins are in great condition, but they looked similar to the betta's in the pet store. I'm watching him closely though! I just put a little rock hide-away thing in his tank, and he keeps hiding in it lol. It's amusing.
Ralphieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #4 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Yeah, it sounds like he's just a little stressed from the water change. I'd give him a couple days and if he isn't acting like his normal self, than he could be sick.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote