Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #1 
finn17

Just a Chat

What does your Betta fish like to do in its tank? Any habits or cute things they do?
I have a beautiful pink male Betta fish that I got recently and one of the things I've noticed he likes to do is swimming around the heater and omg he loves to follow my black dry erase marker haha I'll be drawing on his glass bowl and he'll flare at it sometimes, then follow the line that I've drawn. It's the cutest thing

Last edited by finn17; 11-12-2013 at 12:31 AM.
finn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #2 
Betta Adventures

My betta gets really excited when I pick up the bottle of food, swims to the front of the tank, and starts dancing until I feed him. It's soooo cute! But then.... he leaves and ignores me... That little brat only cares about food!!! haha
Betta Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #3 
Quisquose

Mine flares at and fin-slaps the snail for hours on end. He only ever bites the shell, though. He is not a smart fish. But he is my big dumb fish.
Quisquose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #4 
Betta Adventures

Haha the nip at everything don't they?
Betta Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #5 
Tree

Tuna, my DT likes to hide in places, pick around the gravel for food and play in with the sponge filter bubbles. Anchovy my EE loves to swim around fast and gets so angry at his reflection. He knows when I take out the Mirror and flare before I put it up. And Sardine, my CT he's more laid back. He likes to watch the Nitrite snail move around his tank and watch me time to time while I watch him. LOL
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #6 
KeshiaB

Mine doesn't have very good spacial awareness when I feed him. He'll nip at a pellet, miss, then spend the next few moments doing donuts around the pellet until he gets it, sometimes he ends up nipping his own tail by accident! It's like watching a baby trying to feed themselves for the first time and ending up with food all over their face

He also LOVES his thermometer and spends hours swimming up to it, nudging it and circling it. He seems to think it's his girlfriend because he also builds a bubble nest around it every day and sleeps beside it in his hammock. If I touch the thermometer he rushes to it's defence and bites my finger! The rest of the day is spend patrolling his tank. I swear these little guys have the best personality out of any fish!

Last edited by KeshiaB; 11-12-2013 at 11:36 PM.
KeshiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #7 
finn17

Haha my fish and my brother's fish are foodies too! They love me when I have food ready for them but once I'm done feeding them they'll go back to whatever they're doing.. LOL
Finn (my Betta) absolutely loves the heater. He spends so much time circling it!
finn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:52 AM   #8 
Taboo

One of mine like to do this (see photo)...she scared the LIFE out of me the first time I saw her there. I wonder if she was raised with khuli loaches....

Oh, and I have a couple that stare at the beads in the thermometer...I literally have about 6 photos of different fish staring for about 3 minutes at the thermometer. Very cute, and very weird

For the rest, I'd have to set up a camera for when I'm away so I know what they do. They just do the 'feed-me wiggle' whenever I'm in the room.

Gotta love them
Attached Images

Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:12 AM   #9 
KeshiaB

LOL what is that fish doing?!
KeshiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:31 AM   #10 
Taboo

She's wiggled underneath the gravel in between a plastic plant and the glass
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote