Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #1 
LiSanJess

10 g new setup

Hey everyone it's me again :)
so we tried to cycle the tank yet I'm still getting that slight fog to my water.also the filter is just too much for sid and not Nancy anymore we went with sage.I bought some aqua sponge to try and slow the water down it's a tetra tank and it doesn't have a whisper filter it came with a Regular filter I even tried the plastic bottle thing I saw on here I wasn't as crafty I guess. I don't know if I should just turn the filter off until I buy another it's too much current and i feel bad since it's mostly on sid's side of the tank.my 1.5 g is set up now bought a new filter for sharkbait.he is now happy I bought a water testing kit and even though my water looks cloudy my levels are just .5 higher then they should be.I'm tanked out lol I didn't expect to have the third male and I don't want to move Sid and Sage again they've been moved enough through all this 3rd male stress.does anyone think it's okay to keep checking my water and maybe turn the filter off for abut they have water conditioner and stress coat in their water right now.Sorry long posts everone I've been a stressed betta owner for 3 days and spent about 200$ in 3 days lol any reply would be very appreciated.
LiSanJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

It takes awhile for a tank to cycle. The water will be cloudy for awhile when cycling. It's normal. Someone more knowledgeable about cycling can give you more advice about it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:10 PM   #3 
LiSanJess

Thanks dramaqueen so far they seem happier the crazy current is gone lol and sharkbait is a bit shy about his new tank but no longer charging the walls I never thought I was a fish lover lol I had had bettas but this is such a fufilling and relaxing hobby minus the little sickness setbacks.
LiSanJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol Yeah, it IS a relaxing hobby. I love all my bettas so much! I'm sitting here watching Rusty flare at Jaden like he wants to beat the daylights out of him but Jaden couldn't care less! He flared back at Rusty for about 2 seconds! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote