Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM   #1 
xjessicar9

Question Leaving a Heater running?

Hello,
I just want to say I'm sorry for being such a newbie!! I feel like I'm posting so often with so many questions, I'm not quite sure how to take care of a fish yet since I'm new. Haha..

On my last post I was talking about how my new fish has been a little sluggish and has lost a little color since I've gotten him, and I got him a heater!
I attached a picture of the heater (http://postimg.org/image/uqy866i8f/), and so far the water is up to about 76 degrees. I noticed that it keeps on rising, and I'm not sure with this type of heater if I'm able to keep it on all night or not. I don't know if it'll keep rising the temperature or not, I just want to make sure I won't fry him by accident !!
Has anyone else tried this heater before? Is it ok to run them all night? There is no temperature adjusting also with the heater, you plug it in and it just goes.
xjessicar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:15 AM   #2 
ao

the heater should switch off automatically when it gets to the preset temperature. Keep an eye out for a little longer just to be sure. it should turn off somewhere between 78-82.
I always test my heaters after purchasing, sometimes you get a malfunctioning heater right out of the package.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
healthy, heater, scared