Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-20-2014, 11:24 PM   #1 
TerriGtoo

Thumbs down Top Fin Strikes again.

Back in 2011 I purchased a 5 gallon standard aquarium from one of the big box pet stores because I was able to get it for an incredibly good price. I had stored it away until now. Got it out and the factory used two sided tape on the INSIDE OF THE TANK to plaster their name and advertising on a good 10 x8 inch chunk of paper. In trying to remove it parts of the paper and adhesive are stuck where the paper was attached. I have tried everything to remove it save for soap and chemicals, of course. All I succeeded in doing was spread the adhesive around more. I usually see the labeling like this attached by sliding it under the frame or use of a silicone that comes right off. Upon further inspection the tank was made by Top Fin. Why am I not surprised???!
Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove this safely?
if any Top Fin employee is reading this, please by all means tell me,
TerriGtoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:01 AM   #2 
VivianKJean

hmmmm do you have a razor blade? that might work to remove the adhesive.

ugh I hate Top Fin so much as well....
VivianKJean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:44 AM   #3 
TerriGtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivianKJean View Post
hmmmm do you have a razor blade? that might work to remove the adhesive.

ugh I hate Top Fin so much as well....
Had I known they had made this tank I wouldn't have touched it with a ten foot pole. And that is most likely why I got for a song.....no one else wanted to buy it.

you hit it on the head.....a razor blade! I had thought of that but didn't want to run to the store tonight. I may pick somd up to keep around in emergencies.

Tonight I felt pretty triumphant, I finally went and pulled out one of my 6 gallon longs and set that up. I took the Top Fin junk tank and went out to the garbage and gave it the heave ho. The shattering soothed my nerves, Why should I waste my precious time and energy on junk, when I do have tried and true tanks to use. The only reason I tried it was because I felt guilty for keeping it as long as I had and never using it.
TerriGtoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:51 AM   #4 
ellekay

Rubbing alcohol works too
ellekay is offline   Reply With Quote