Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #41 
eggman123

Just made it! Very nice. And it works too! Thanks for posting pictures so we don't confused.
eggman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #42 
Lion Mom

Glad I could be of some help! :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:28 AM   #43 
MizzVamp115

Thanks for this! I just moved my betta from a 1.5 gal unfiltered to a 5 gallon and needed someway to baffle it. For now i've just kept the filter off since when I turned it on it shot my poor fishy across the tank lol.
MizzVamp115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:28 AM   #44 
sperham40836

When I switched my fish from an unfiltered 1 gallon to a filtered 5 gallon I had to build him up to the current by leaving it on for only a few hours a day. Soon enough he was buff enough to swim against it, but I gave plenty of plants to break it up and provide resting spots.
sperham40836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:38 AM   #45 
Posaune

Well, are there any suggestions regarding slowing the flow of an Elite Mini Underwater Filter? Since the dividers holes are so small the flow basically just circles around the side of the tank it's on. I may try putting some larger (but not TOO large) holes in the divider to try and get the flow over to the other side too (Maybe that will help keep the current still)
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:54 AM   #46 
Rolling21

I made a smaller mod to fit my Red Sea Deco. It seems to be doing the job!

Rolling21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #47 
dragonfair

I couldn't figure out why Maximus avoids certain spots in his tank. Last night, I had an aha moment when he followed me and went into an area he usually avoids - and was swept to the side. Aha! I had made the baffle, but I didn't realize that the water was still flowing strongly despite being shunted to the sides. Had the same problem when I tried the sponge baffle. So now, I'm going to add the sponge to the filter along with the bottle baffle and see how that works.
dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #48 
aleXander

Thats a good idea trying to slow down the flow.

My bettas like the flowing water. (i think lol) They tend to swin into the current and fight it. Its like there work out for the day.
aleXander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #49 
danifacetastic

I have a question about the tape. Whats the best way to tape it on? Right now I'm using electrical tape. Should I invest in duct tape? The reason I can't tape it conpletly flat is because I have a divided tank and put the filter near a divider so the water flow would flow into both tanks. It's working but the baffle occasionally comes off.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:50 PM   #50 
tsoto80

I was wondering if this coke bottle method would work with my submersible filter? It is very long and I gotta do something cause it is strong current. I do not wanna buy a new filter cause this one works very well and I put plants in the way but that is not helping either. This is what it looks like
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote