Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #71 
Lion Mom

"I'll be honest with you, if you like the 200b and need that level of filtration, splurge on an Emperor 280."

Sure, great filter if you can stand the friggin' NOISE!!! OMG, I have one and can't even use it!!!! :(

Yes, I have taken it apart and cleaned, cleaned and cleaned some more - have checked the impeller, etc. all to no avail.

I'm not the only one with this problem with this filter either. I checked reviews on-line and a LOT of people complain about the noise. NEVER AGAIN!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #72 
Thunderloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
"I'll be honest with you, if you like the 200b and need that level of filtration, splurge on an Emperor 280."

Sure, great filter if you can stand the friggin' NOISE!!! OMG, I have one and can't even use it!!!! :(

Yes, I have taken it apart and cleaned, cleaned and cleaned some more - have checked the impeller, etc. all to no avail.

I'm not the only one with this problem with this filter either. I checked reviews on-line and a LOT of people complain about the noise. NEVER AGAIN!
Yup yup... they can be noisy. I just put a used carbon filter over top the back, take out the little flow director thing above the pump and make sure I've carefully inserted the intake pipe. They're also known to be blatantly reliable. Evil walmart locked all their cameras up before I got there.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:05 AM   #73 
danifacetastic

So I have this filter....

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2753028

And I have aquarium sponge rubber banded around the lip and the water still trickles out the sponge but a lot of it sits on top of the filter and gets this oil looking build up. Is there anything I can do for that?
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #74 
Thunderloon

stick a fork in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by danifacetastic View Post
So I have this filter....

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2753028

And I have aquarium sponge rubber banded around the lip and the water still trickles out the sponge but a lot of it sits on top of the filter and gets this oil looking build up. Is there anything I can do for that?
Plastic fork down in the back to keep the filter-pouch separated from the back wall, make the pointy bits aim to the rear at the bottom and snap off the bit you don't need, should keep the flow churning the surface back there.

(I also use a shortened fork to keep my 9-ways a good fat Betta width from the tank wall when I have to separate girls.)
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #75 
SkyBlue

I used a plastic cup.....Works great! Thanks!!!
SkyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #76 
shadowsbiker

Thanks for the post. Panda is now happily swimming everywhere in his tank :)
shadowsbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #77 
PeggyJ

Awesome! I was wondering what to do about my 10 gal filter because it seems too strong for my betta...Thanks!
PeggyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #78 
PeggyJ

Thunderloon.. you remind me of my Dad and brothers...(yes that was a compliment) they are creative and can build and fix anything. I have two itty bitty filters for my 1.5 gal tanks that came with the tank and those filters are awful! they dont do anything! or dont seem to.. maybe it's the little bitty pumps..
PeggyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #79 
mabarcomb

Brilliant! Is it also necessary to put something on the intake?
mabarcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #80 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabarcomb View Post
Brilliant! Is it also necessary to put something on the intake?
I would if it's at all possible your bettas fins could get sucked up. You think it wont happen, then one day it does. :/ Better safe than sorry!
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote