Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #71 
Lion Mom
Member
 
Lion Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: N.E. Wisconsin, U.S.A.
"I'll be honest with you, if you like the 200b and need that level of filtration, splurge on an Emperor 280."

Sure, great filter if you can stand the friggin' NOISE!!! OMG, I have one and can't even use it!!!! :(

Yes, I have taken it apart and cleaned, cleaned and cleaned some more - have checked the impeller, etc. all to no avail.

I'm not the only one with this problem with this filter either. I checked reviews on-line and a LOT of people complain about the noise. NEVER AGAIN!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #72 
Thunderloon
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
"I'll be honest with you, if you like the 200b and need that level of filtration, splurge on an Emperor 280."

Sure, great filter if you can stand the friggin' NOISE!!! OMG, I have one and can't even use it!!!! :(

Yes, I have taken it apart and cleaned, cleaned and cleaned some more - have checked the impeller, etc. all to no avail.

I'm not the only one with this problem with this filter either. I checked reviews on-line and a LOT of people complain about the noise. NEVER AGAIN!
Yup yup... they can be noisy. I just put a used carbon filter over top the back, take out the little flow director thing above the pump and make sure I've carefully inserted the intake pipe. They're also known to be blatantly reliable. Evil walmart locked all their cameras up before I got there.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:05 AM   #73 
danifacetastic
Member
 
danifacetastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North Carolina.
So I have this filter....

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2753028

And I have aquarium sponge rubber banded around the lip and the water still trickles out the sponge but a lot of it sits on top of the filter and gets this oil looking build up. Is there anything I can do for that?
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #74 
Thunderloon
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
stick a fork in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by danifacetastic View Post
So I have this filter....

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2753028

And I have aquarium sponge rubber banded around the lip and the water still trickles out the sponge but a lot of it sits on top of the filter and gets this oil looking build up. Is there anything I can do for that?
Plastic fork down in the back to keep the filter-pouch separated from the back wall, make the pointy bits aim to the rear at the bottom and snap off the bit you don't need, should keep the flow churning the surface back there.

(I also use a shortened fork to keep my 9-ways a good fat Betta width from the tank wall when I have to separate girls.)
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #75 
SkyBlue
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Never Never Land
I used a plastic cup.....Works great! Thanks!!!
SkyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #76 
shadowsbiker
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Menomonie, WI
Thanks for the post. Panda is now happily swimming everywhere in his tank :)
shadowsbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #77 
PeggyJ
Member
 
PeggyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida by way of PA
Awesome! I was wondering what to do about my 10 gal filter because it seems too strong for my betta...Thanks!
PeggyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #78 
PeggyJ
Member
 
PeggyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida by way of PA
Thunderloon.. you remind me of my Dad and brothers...(yes that was a compliment) they are creative and can build and fix anything. I have two itty bitty filters for my 1.5 gal tanks that came with the tank and those filters are awful! they dont do anything! or dont seem to.. maybe it's the little bitty pumps..
PeggyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #79 
mabarcomb
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Brilliant! Is it also necessary to put something on the intake?
mabarcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #80 
bettafish15
Member
 
bettafish15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabarcomb View Post
Brilliant! Is it also necessary to put something on the intake?
I would if it's at all possible your bettas fins could get sucked up. You think it wont happen, then one day it does. :/ Better safe than sorry!
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIVIDING TUTORIAL, step-by-step with pics Neelie Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 92 11-21-2013 07:44 PM
Can anyone help me step by step with the cycling? girls_interrupted Betta Fish Care 3 04-20-2008 10:30 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.