Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #1 
InsideTheBurg

Question Tail Type Question

Hey guys, I know the three I'm writing about are all Crowns... but are there different types of crown? I noticed last night that Paulie and Tony's crowns are full and almost look like one fin when flared...but new guy, Christopher's, is separated when flared. This was the same for Vito, but he was a double crown and had two separate back fins... so what type are Paulie, Tony and Christopher? Could it be that Chris is just young and has not grown as much as Paulie and Tony?
Attached Images

InsideTheBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #2 
ChristinaRoss

there are single ray, double ray, double double ray and triple ray and cross ray

Single ray - In the 'SR' CT, web margins are, ideally, uniform and webbing reduction is equal between primary rays and rays with branches.

Cross Ray
- The crossing of rays ('CR') is manifested by pairs of ray extensions that curve over each other.

Double Ray
- In the 'DR' CT, webbing is reduced at the two levels: one between a pair of rays and the other, more profoundly, between two ray branches. Breeders put a premium on double-ray and 4 ray extension Crowntails. These traits are to be regarded as neutral and are not to be pointed above single ray extended Crowntails. Four ray and even eight ray extensions are less common and the effect is almost always confined to the caudal fin only.

Double Double Ray
- 'DDR' is double double ray, hence a four ray extended branching.

Random Ray - The term 'RR' basically means that the caudal spread has mixed single ray, double ray, 3 rays and 4 rays extended branching all mixed up. It is used to describe those whose extended ray patterns are not fixed.

DOUBLE RAY

DDOUBLE DOUBLE RAY
CROSS RAY

ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #3 
InsideTheBurg

Thanks ChristinaRoss.... I guess all my boys are single ray.... Christopher but just be younger or something. Cause his just don't seem as full as Tony and Paulie, but they look similar.
InsideTheBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #4 
ChristinaRoss

youll better be able to tell when he gets older. i thought all 3 of my crowns were single ray, now i know otherwise :)

i LOVE your betta mafia, thats hysterical, great idea
Old 10-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think Rusty's a double ray but he won't stay still long enough for me to tell! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:13 PM   #6 
AlexXx

Is Gillian a double ray?

AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #7 
CodeRed

I have no idea, but I can honestly say that I want your betta. Reall badd xD Can't take him right now, though ): Too cold in my house. But in the Spring... I'll be there...
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

He's beautiful!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:03 PM   #9 
AlexXx

Ahh you thief! Find me a nice Delta like yours and ill find you a CT like mine :P

I saw a mustard gas double tail JUST like Gillian at the LFS yesterday... So cute, but no room!

Also i saw a tail breed ive never heard of, they called it a "Halfmoon Double Fin" looked like a double tail, but mixed with a half moon cuz it was like 180, but they were very tiny, looked like runts. They were 9.99 and they had some half moons for 29.99... i coudlnt believe it lol... and they were very tiny also, runts. Only red and blue colors, nothing very exciting. 30 bux for that is ridiculous. Ive seen nicer ones at petco for 15. Sorry /rant.
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #10 
ChristinaRoss

he looks like a double ray to me.........and go get the double mustard and send him to me alex. ill just get another tank LOL
at this point whats one more?