Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #1 
snowflake311

Should I get her to breed?

I am looking for a female for this male.

I was thinking about getting this female.

Or maybe a female more like this one.
snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #2 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I had a girl like that. She was a looker in real life and have me a nice spawn.
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  56.7 KB

I think that color would make for some interesting variety in the fry... The only think I would want is a female that balances his faults better... The anal fin on him could use a little bit of improvement, it isn't bad, I just would look for a female with a nicer anal.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #3 
snowflake311

Whats wrong with his anal fin I think its really nice. smooth not too long. but it slopes too much?

I love the second females color but I am not crazy about her fins. They are a mess and I can't tell what her topline is really like.
I love the first ones dorsel fin it's nice and wide at the bottom. I am not sure I love her color. The other fish from her spawn that the breeder has for sale don't have the yellow she does.

here is a better photo from the breeder of my fish.

Last edited by snowflake311; 11-12-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #4 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

It's nothing major by any means... Just a little bumpy and spiky at the end. Otherwise he has beautiful form.

Keep checking aquabid for fish with that color and nicer form...
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #5 
snowflake311

I found some others.
This female I just LOVE her forum That wide dorsal is nice. but I am not sure about her color with my male. Any thoughts on what would happen. I love my males color.

I like this females color. I am not crazy about her fourm. her anal seems too long and her dorsal might be a big let down.

Last edited by snowflake311; 11-19-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:01 AM   #6 
Ilikebutterflies

I like the form on the first girl better. Your males colors are going to be more dominant than either of the girls. He has quite a bit of iridescence and that's hard to get rid of.
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #7 
indjo
TFK Moderator

I hate this . . . . The picture of your boy looks as if he has a cambodian x irid background. But the picture the breeder took looks lavender.

I would go with the first female (last two pictures). Though I classify her as a blue x red mix, you should get male's colors in fry. But if you can wait, I'd say keep searching because that female has extra long ventrals - which doesn't compliment the male's long ventrals.
The second female has more balanced fins but you'd have a harder time fixing her form.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #8 
snowflake311

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
I hate this . . . . The picture of your boy looks as if he has a cambodian x irid background. But the picture the breeder took looks lavender.

I would go with the first female (last two pictures). Though I classify her as a blue x red mix, you should get male's colors in fry. But if you can wait, I'd say keep searching because that female has extra long ventrals - which doesn't compliment the male's long ventrals.
The second female has more balanced fins but you'd have a harder time fixing her form.
My boys color changes in the light a lot. His body is a light redish purple and when the light hits him he is green and blue with purple red fins. He was bought as a lavender. His first layer of color does seem light like he could have combodian in him. I saw a female the breeder was selling as my boys sibling match. She was also lavender and she had a light color body. Seeing him move is the best way to see his true colors.

I agree her venterals are long that's was the only thing I saw that I did not like about her.

Another color my boy can turns

His color with out the shine.

Last edited by snowflake311; 11-20-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sometimes he looks purple and sometimes he looks blue. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #10 
snowflake311

Well I could not help myself I got the tri band female she is one of the best big ears I have seen in a long time I think she will give me some nice babies. I also love her face she just is a pretty fish. I can't wait to see her in real life.

Last edited by snowflake311; 11-20-2013 at 08:54 PM.