Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #1 
FoodFish

Smile Getting my first tattoo

Hello!

I was thinking about getting my first tattoo (a lot of thinking about this one) and need some advice. I guess some of you have tattoos, so it would be easier for me to decide whether to do it or not. Or what tattoo to have. I'm thinking between a seahorse tattoo and a Poseidon tattoo (not sure about this one). What would you think?

Here is the Poseidon tattoo I was thinking about:
http://www.tattooneed.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Poseidon-horse-tattoo-300x229.jpg

Here is the Seahorse tattoo I was thinking about:
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/1055599883013242/

I am also going to talk to a local tattoo artist, but before that I need as much help I can get. So talking to people that got tattoos would be easier for me to decide.

I'm thinking about getting it on my foot (like in the picture) or on my lower back. What do you think?
FoodFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #2 
Betta Nut

Nice tats :) I'd go with the foot/ankle, that's where I got mine. I've always thought the lower back was an awesome, pretty place for a tattoo.. But you don't want one there, eventually you'll have someone saying "haha, you got a tramp stamp!" :( It's a shame, I don't know how they got that stigma. Just warning you. Even worse if you are a guy.
Personally, I think a betta tattoo would be awesome, heh! Hmm... maybe I'll get one....
Betta Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

My great niece wants one so bad but my brother and SIL are totally against it. I have no problem if it's in a discreet place like a foot, ankle orhip but I don't care for tattooed ALL over a person's back, up and down legs and arms and all over a person's face and neck. I realize that to a lot of people this is art but I think some people can go overboard. I hope I didn't offend anyone by what I just said.
A betta tattoo would be cool!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:27 AM   #4 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I really like the second one of the Seahorse. Keep in mind that somewhere down the road, you might want to change it up or add some color to it so the second one would be much easier to manipulate. Are you going with black and gray like the picture?

The less skin in the area that you're going to tattoo, the more painful it is. It's not a horrible pain and your skin gets used to it after a bit but that might be something to keep in mind while you're deciding where on your body to put it. Top of foot, ankle, hand etc.. will be a bit more unpleasant and also really sensitive areas like ribs, stomach.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Romad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #5 
FoodFish

Thanks for the answers!

I'm going with the black and gray picture. I like it better (now) than a color one.

@Betta Nut I'm going to think more about that betta tattoo
Old 01-11-2014, 12:42 AM   #6 
arportia

Speaking as a tattoo artist, the seahorse design is much better (and will look better for a longer period of time!) @:)
arportia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:03 AM   #7 
Perryjulia

Ah this thread is stuff I know about lolz

I have several tattoos bad and good I'm getting a new very big one end of the month soooo excited
If you haven't had your new tat yet I think you are right to want something small to start with, really do your research on what you like don't just see one picture and think yeah that , this is going be be on your body forever
More importantly find a good tattooist it's really hard these days to find a good one and good tattooist will give you their oppion and will put their twist on it.
The sea horse you have shown would make a better tattoo then the other one which is all black trible style it will just look like a black blob on the skin

Let us know how it goes

Hope this helps any questions regarding tattoo please ask away :)
Hope I get some help regarding my bettas lolz

Julia x
Perryjulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #8 
FoodFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by arportia View Post
Speaking as a tattoo artist, the seahorse design is much better (and will look better for a longer period of time!) @:)
Thanks!
I will let you all know how it goes.