I am new to the forum and have had a betta now for three months. He was in a small bowl for about two months, but about a month ago we got him a 1.5 gallon tank that he is in now. I changed the filter once. I just cleaned the tank out for the first time two days ago. He is usually a big eater and always swimming around. I feed him the tetra pellets and some worms maybe one to three times a week.
We have had the doors open since it has been nice weather to do so. The other day I noticed that he wasn't acting like usual and he was even worse the next morning. My husband did some research on this forum and found out that the water has to stay a certain temperature. We moved him to the bathroom where there is a heater fan in the ceiling. That kept the water nice and warm.
He has not been eating at all since he's been sick. He has just been hanging out on the bottom all the time and only goes to the top to get air ever now and again. A couple of the white spots on his body have definitely grown since we noticed them. And now his tail is starting to look really dark and nasty.
We thought it was ick at first, so we went out and got a heater and some medicine for ick. He is now back in his original spot. The white spots grew alot while we were gone to the store. They are almost zit like. We are not sure what it is now. It doesn't seem to be ick now.