Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2009, 08:49 AM   #11 
ChristinaRoss

lol, right
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:04 AM   #12 
doggyhog

LOL!!! Snails come from Rocks!?! Haahah!

Thatpetplace/Thatfishplace is the petstore that I love!!!! They are all experts and I almost cheered when I heard one of the employees saying that goldfish need 20 gallons as a minimum! LOL
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:18 AM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

Snails come out of rocks?? lol!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #14 
ChristinaRoss

well unfortunately the only stores near me are petsmart and petco........i do visit a mom n pop every few months, but, they are 45 miles from me. i get my guppies from them.

i go to petsmart for my female bettas, their usually healthier looking and every time i go in, they are changing their water.
i go to petco for the male bettas, they have a great selection and tail variety.

i remember the days back in the 80's when my family owned a pet store. makes me wanna open my own. anyone wanna be an investor? lol
Old 10-07-2009, 09:24 AM   #15 
ChristinaRoss

ya drama, isnt that hysterical, i almost peed myself laughing so hard. i then pulled the customer aside and helped her decide which snails to get. because, of course, their "mystery snails" were actually apple snails. i explained to her how to tell the difference.

i went in on monday to petsmart and a guy was buying 3 male bettas. the dork at the register tells him they will be fine together in an aquarium and to only feed them 2 pellets 2 times a week. the guy looks at me, i have 5 female bettas with me. so he says "is that correct". i said, "oh no" blah blah blah, so i helped him pick out some supplies and he went and got 2 2.5 gallon aquariums for the other 2 males.

so they should realize if they took the time to explain the truth, they could even sell more products.

dumb a**es!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #16 
gaevren

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2b View Post
I don't think it's the fact they are idiots. I think they are just undereducated. Pet stores (especially large chains) don't take the time to educate their employees. They are more concerned about getting the employee on the floor and trained ASAP and making money. Sadly, they just don't care to take the extra time to pay the employee to be educated in their designated department...and usually the fish department is the worst of all. I mean honestly, how hard is it to tell someone how to take care of a dog, cat, bird, etc. I mean any average Joe could do that...
It makes me cringe to hear that about ANY kind of a pet. There are so many kinds of birds that require different care...some that require gravel in their diet to aid digestion, some that will die if you give them gravel. There are so many other things to know, some things that are common to all birds and some that are specific to the species of bird you own. Some can be housed together with other species, some cannot.

You will hear people say the same thing about Bettas...I mean any average Joe could do that...if that statement is incorrect for Bettas it's incorrect for any kind of exotic pet.

Shoot, people get it wrong half the time even when you're talking about dogs and cats!
gaevren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #17 
Jupiter

Birds are actually pretty tricky to take care of...I'm not really experienced with them, but my dad used to have a room full of canaries in the basement.

Today I went to the same store that I mentioned already to pick up the new guy. His water was dirty, but the girls at the sales register were pretty friendly...the girl asked me again if I had all the supplies ready for him at home, and if I knew that I had to float him in his baggie for about 15 minutes. She also offered to give me a free caresheet, but I told her I already had 4 girls at home and she seemed impressed. Lol.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #18 
Kitty Whiskers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaRoss View Post
i once overheard a conversation about snails...........the customer asked if she bought two, would they breed, she didnt want them to. the salesgirl told her snails dont breed, they come OUT OF ROCKS!!!!

lmao
Out of Rocks?!?!? LOL!!!! I can't stop laughing! Thanks for the good laugh with that story today! I love snails by the way
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:39 AM   #19 
TianTian

I used to keep Parakeets (aka, "Budgies"). They're just as tricky to keep as Bettas.
(random note: Cinder was doing vertical diving the other day while I was cleaning his tank!! Turns out he was attacking his reflection on the bottom of the tank!! :D )

Snails come from rocks???

BRB LOLING FOREVER.
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:05 AM   #20 
Jynx

oh it's true- snails come from rocks- as do wallabies and tuataras- but not pangolins- they come from sand- little bit of a distinction there :P

srsly? rocks?
Jynx is offline   Reply With Quote