Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2009, 06:50 PM   #11 
oXsonriksXo

well i dont want any uneaten food, its not a lot that i put in but still, i dont want to risk the water clouding up as the week progresses thats why i take them out =P i dont really net them out =P i use my bare clean hands that i wash before i carefully cradle them out, they are vey slimy indeed.
oXsonriksXo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:39 PM   #12 
dr2b

But if you feed them the proper amount or feed them slower, you really won't have that much food on the bottom (if any). And honestly, I don't think your water is going to cloud up THAT much in a matter of 5-7 days. I can't imagine it is good for their slime coat if you are catching them with your bare hands either.

Don't take this the wrong way or get offended, but to me it almost sounds like laziness. It really does not take that long to clean a tank or change some water. You are just stressing those poor fish out. You are doing more harm than good for your fish.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:46 PM   #13 
oXsonriksXo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2b View Post
But if you feed them the proper amount or feed them slower, you really won't have that much food on the bottom (if any). And honestly, I don't think your water is going to cloud up THAT much in a matter of 5-7 days. I can't imagine it is good for their slime coat if you are catching them with your bare hands either.

Don't take this the wrong way or get offended, but to me it almost sounds like laziness. It really does not take that long to clean a tank or change some water. You are just stressing those poor fish out. You are doing more harm than good for your fish.

maybe ur right, but thats why i ask why would i be offended =P thanks
i do clean the tank tho, every week 100% water change on sunday.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #14 
dr2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by oXsonriksXo View Post
maybe ur right, but thats why i ask why would i be offended =P thanks
i do clean the tank tho, every week 100% water change on sunday.
Not mentioning any names...but some people on here would have flipped out at me for saying that about them. Some people are a little more sensitive to things than others... lol. Glad you didn't get offended by it.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #15 
oXsonriksXo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2b View Post
Not mentioning any names...but some people on here would have flipped out at me for saying that about them. Some people are a little more sensitive to things than others... lol. Glad you didn't get offended by it.
i agree there are many betta enthusiastics on here, thats why i wanna get my info. from here, not that i give my fishes a name, but dont get me wrong im not trying to be a jerk or anything, it just does not make any logic to me, and for the record iv'e never owned a pet until 3 weeks ago, but people do seem to get very emotional like you said. Its psychology at its work. i know what you mean!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #16 
dr2b

Yeah, and I am huge on bettas too. But there are some....well very immature people on here at the same time. We have some people who just can't take a joke...
Old 10-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree. I like to kid around with people and sometimes I worry that someone will get mad at what I say.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #18 
oXsonriksXo

Who's up for some B-B-B-Q?

Betta-Bar-B-Q =P
Old 10-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #19 
ChristinaRoss

ooooooooook
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote