Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-13-2014, 11:52 PM   #41 
Animalactivist12

I've always wanted to!
Animalactivist12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:05 AM   #42 
TealHoundogg

If you ever get the chance, you'll love it. Keep in mind, your legs might be sore the next day, if you're new to riding horses.
TealHoundogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:12 PM   #43 
PeetaTheBetta

Hey guys, I know this probably isn't the BEST place to post this question but since we are talking about horses... I am looking into getting a pair of tall boots, as of now I wear chaps with short boots. Does anyone know of a good brand of boots that aren't like a million bucks? I had in mind a pair of Dublin universal boots and they seem good. Thanks so much!
PeetaTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:40 PM   #44 
Pogthefish

Talk to the salesman and your local store, they'll be willing to help you! Plus, see if you can find a used pair. Alot of people buy custom sizes but find they don't fit, so people like me (with insanely skinny calves) can buy them for like half price at the consignment shop because nobody else fits them. I found that Dover was willing to direct me to to local consignment shop quite willingly.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:35 AM   #45 
hrutan

I always use 20 eyelet Doc Martens. Takes a couple of weeks to break them in, but they are excellent riding boots. Clean them and polish them after riding, and all the extra care will make them butter soft for everyday wear, as well. You can replace the laces with colored parachute cord if you want to get stylish.

They seem expensive at around $170, but they last for years as long as you care for them. You might have to replace the zipper after the first year, which is cheap. Considering a nice pair of sneakers is $70 and lasts 3 or 4 months, it's a great deal in the long run.
hrutan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #46 
jekeller

Yup ponies for life man! Haha I ride jumpers, prefer thouroughbreds off the track :) they sooooo fast!
jekeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:58 PM   #47 
TealHoundogg

Friend of mine got a retired thoroughbred. Never seen them up close but they are truly the greyhounds of horse breeds.

Mini horses are nice too, they make up for their size with their personalities.
TealHoundogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #48 
huckleberry77

Yes, I ride horses. Mostly trails.
huckleberry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:35 AM   #49 
hrutan

I like a nice tall pony, personally - as close to 14 hands as it can get and not be a horse. Ponies are frequently spoiled because so many of the end up being trained by a child, but it's nice to be able to get back on one out on the trail. I'm short, so a horse is a challenge.
hrutan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:51 PM   #50 
equitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeetaTheBetta View Post
Hey guys, I know this probably isn't the BEST place to post this question but since we are talking about horses... I am looking into getting a pair of tall boots, as of now I wear chaps with short boots. Does anyone know of a good brand of boots that aren't like a million bucks? I had in mind a pair of Dublin universal boots and they seem good. Thanks so much!
I have a pair of Ariats, they're one of the older model of the Ariat Challenge I believe. They're a lot cheaper than the Parlantis and DeNiro. There's also Treadstones, I know a few people with them and they're in a lower price range than most of the Ariats nowadays. I believe Mountain Horse makes tallboots as well but I don't know anyone who has had any, so I can't offer much feedback on those, although I imagine they're in a more reasonable price range.

If the username didn't give me away, I ride as well. I have a big canadian warmblood that I do the jumpers/equitation and dabble in the hunters as well. He's the love of my life :)

Last edited by equitate; 07-01-2014 at 09:55 PM. Reason: spelling whoops!
equitate is offline   Reply With Quote