Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #1 
alisha221

how to plant micro sword and xmas moss

i ordered online some micro sword and xmas moss both on a mesh mat. Well the micro swords came in dirt and looking stressed and the xmas moss nothing just a clump. Well im not going to put dirt in my tank. The only reason I did this was i think the betta plasric grass is ripping his fins. How can i go about planting the micro sword so that it will look like a mat in the tank and grow taller and fuller?
alisha221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #2 
cowboy

I can't answer that question but I have had fluval grass in my tank for at least 6 months without any damage. Granted live plants look and are better.
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #3 
Bombalurina

To make micro-sword grow as a carpet, rather than vertically, you do need quite high light. It will survive in low light -I had some and it did just fine - but it grew tall, not carpet-y.

Rinse then both thoroughly - the dirt should wash away. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #4 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

I'd contact the seller and if don't get at least a partial refund and you paid through PayPal, I'd file a dispute and get my $$ back.

Plant the Micro Swords individually and not in a clump. You can attach the moss to an aquarium-safe rock or driftwood or an ornament with fishing line. It will grow around the fishing line. Do not place the moss in clumps or the moss underneath will die.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #5 
alisha221

I paid $20 for all of it but he charged me about $7 to ship and i have to send the moss back and he will refund everything but shipping, but shipping on the box was only $3 so im going to bring that up.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #6 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

So he'll refund you the cost of the moss and you are out the $7.00 he charged for shipping plus the return shipping for the moss? Sounds like expensive Micro Swords, to me. If you bring up the shipping charge discrepancy, he'll just say it was for packing materials, etc.

Insist on a full refund minus the shipping. If he says no, thank him and let him know since you can't reach agreement you're filing a dispute with PayPal based on the first listed reason in the link. If you bought on eBay, of course, in addition to filing with PayPal there's feedback. But definitely file. That's why PayPal has "Buyer Protection."

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...ute-resolution

Last edited by RussellTheShihTzu; 11-16-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:25 AM   #7 
alisha221

I know, feels like a waist and he keeps getting more rude in emails.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:49 AM   #8 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

I never give up and I never let anyone get by with charging me for something I didn't receive....even if it's only $1.00. Might be my age.

From your decription, he didn't send you what he advertised. If they were supposed to be on mats/mesh and weren't, you have grounds to get all of your $$ back. PayPal is very clear on that. So go for it!

And don't email him any further; just file a dispute and let PayPal handle it. But do keep his emails to send to PayPal if requested. And don't wait too long; PayPal only gives you 45 days and some sellers will try to string you along until the 45 is over.

Good luck!

And in future, I can recommend www.plantedaquariumscentral.com and "peachii" on this forum for quality service and plants.

Last edited by RussellTheShihTzu; 11-17-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:20 AM   #9 
alisha221

Oh I know I had an issue before w.beads and I had to despite it and won since they didn't do what they said. I don't understand ppl that do that stuff, I guess I was raised different.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:47 AM   #10 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

I don't understand it, either. But they do. Sad, indeed.