Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-10-2009, 08:09 PM   #1 
Tj5485

Help!

First of all I would like to say that this Forum rocks and everyone on here seems very knowledgeable and eager to share the love of having these Beautiful Fish. So heres my Dilemma. I bought a beautiful Red Male Betta named Montauk. I have had him for about 6 months and the other day I decided that I was going to get a female for him and try my hand at Breeding. He has made many a bubble nest and I figured it was time. So i got a realy pretty little female (no name for her yet) and I bought a good divider for my tank and i put her in. So I probably screwed it up already didnt I?
I didnt let him make his nest or wait till she had the spawning stripes or anything like that. And now he wont make a bubble nest. So did I mess it up too bad now? Or can I take her out, And try and repeat the process. Not at one point has he touched her or anything like that but they have seen eachother, Clearly are madly in love and want to make babies, But their rookie owner may have blown it. HEEEELLLPP! And Thanks in Advance
Tj5485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:18 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to FishForum. Here is a sticky on breeding bettas, in case you haven't already looked at it.://ttp://www.fishforum.com/breeding-betta-fish/breeding-bettas-30005/ . It's best to condition your pair before introducing them. You can take her out and try again after conditioning them properly.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #3 
Tj5485

phhhewwww. Thanks Drama queen. Hope it works. Expect a Full Report once it does. Thanks again.
Tj5485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good luck!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:16 AM   #5 
AngelicScars

I would recommend doing A LOT more research before attempting to breed again.

Good luck!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote