Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #1 
Grant83

Filters and you

Hello everyone, I am just curious what kinds of filters you use out there. Right now I have a small air driven filter (tetra brand i think) and I am thinking of getting one that is a little more... complex in its filtering. Basically I went and looked for a filter for a 2.5 gal tank and this was basically the only one that I found...

Edit: The filter I am using is a Tetra Whisper for 1-3 gallons.

Last edited by Grant83; 10-11-2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: update
Grant83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:29 PM   #2 
Elektra

i would just watch that your betta cannot get under it... i have seen a fish drowned because they got its fins caught in the bottom where it draws water in
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:39 PM   #3 
markusberkus

Hey Grant, I just recently picked up the same filter you bought (tetra whisper 1-3 gal) and Elektra's right, it can get be a little rough if the little guy goes to check it out. Mine has been sucked up to the spout a few times already and he has to fight to get away from it. As well as being dangerous for the fish, the filter (in my opinion) churns up the water too much, i had to turn it off while feeding and my betta couldn't sit still at night because of the water moving so much.

What i did was pulled off the 3 screws on the pump and simply stuck an ear plug in the way of the little magnetic arm. This lowered the amount of air the thing pumped out and now only moves a small amount of water. My betta is much happier now and the water isn't so rough. Plus its much quieter!

Hope this helps :)
Attached Images

markusberkus is offline   Reply With Quote