Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #101 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Wow I wonder what there Oscar advice would be LOL.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #102 
rubinthebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
She sounds like one of those people who think setting the water out for 24 hours works.
She actually did say that...
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #103 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Wow. I think people like that forget Chlormine does not evaproate and Chlorine does.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #104 
AyalaCookiejar

They probably didn't know that in the first place.
I just got a new betta today. I absolutely hate the instructions on the top of the cup. Also, when I asked the guy if he could put clean, conditioned water in the cup (the water before had a lot of floaties in it) I'm pretty sure he took water from one of the other fish tanks.

However, he did ask me if I had water conditioner (which I do) so at least he's not totally clueless.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #105 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Water in Betta cups sometimes gets a little dirty here.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #106 
AyalaCookiejar

Not surprising. The cups are tiny and usually only filled half full. Earl May also had the cups stacked, but they were stacked like you stack upside down cups so that they didn't cover the air holes, in a pyramid type way.

They did have one betta in a bigger bowl but it was only filled like 1/4 full! The fish in it looked dead. It just laid at the bottom on the rocks. :(
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #107 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Ours are like like 75 percent full.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #108 
phoenix91

I have 1 good story and 1 bad. I'll start with the good.

The petco near me seems to take really good care of their bettas, the are really the only pets they have in the store. One guy who works there seemed genuinely interested when i was telling him about my 2 and even offered to give me a free female since they get bought less and he hates seeing them in he store for a long time. He'd set up a hospital station next to the sink to treat the sick ones when they came in and the water is lovely and clean. He also told me that if a fish stays int eh store too long he takes it home with him. His house must be packed!!

Onto petsmart... i saw my current male Igor lying on his side in a dirty cup struggling for life, with ripped fins and bad finrot :( I picked him up and took him to the cashier and mentioned in passing that he had finrot, she took the cup from me to have a look and said "i best go show my manager", he didn't come back out with her. They took him into the back room and told me he'd be treated for the fin rot. I thought for sure i'd lost this fish, that he'd be killed or just left out there to die. Luckily for me the employees at this petsmart are clearly morons; i went back later in the afternoon to find a new supply of pretty flashy bettas in the shelf, and Igor shoved right to the back, hidden behind everyone else. Needless to say i snatched him right up and bought him. He's doing awesome now!!

I don't shop in that store anymore. I chose not to give them anymore of my money, instead i shop at the petco, which is smaller and has less options but at least they care for the animals there.
phoenix91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #109 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Is Igor your avatar?
Old 11-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #110 
Hershey

All of the fish at my recent walmart visit (we have 2 walmarts) Had torn, clamped fins, except Cabanela who just has bloat and is pooping everyday.

I also bought another unamed CT from there with a large wound and put him in a QT.. Didn't make it though.
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote