Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #161 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I want those bracelets. My Petco keeps Fiddlers in Freshwater. I am Pretty sure the kissing gourami hurt an african ciclid and killed an african ropefish.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #162 
RoMay

http://www.worldmarket.com/product/s...o?&from=Search <-- basically it was those type of bracelets that cause betta flare. It was interesting to see all the flare ups.

Yeah sometimes I see stores put fish in absolutely the wrong combination and your like "um, that isn't to smart."
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #163 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I am glad my Petco broke the rules and took the Apple snails out of the goldfish tank now much more live.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #164 
ChibreneyDragon

Going into my local petco, I was thankful I know the IBC standards for fish, because the "halfmoons" they were selling were at best super deltas, and mostly just deltas. I got kinda mad before I chilled out and was like, "Non of the people shopping here are breeders, they are pretty, they will get homes."

I love breeding, and sometimes I can find a gem, and I love they work and mystery of spawning out a good line.
ChibreneyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #165 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I went to Walmart with Healthy fish.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #166 
Solaris

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I was just checking out petco.com. (They don't have Petco in Canada, but I wanted to look at prices to compare.)

Anyway, I noticed that if you click on a fish, it will tell you the suggested tank size. For example, the suggested size for neon tetras is 10+ gallons, which is true.

Then I clicked on the Betta. Suggested tank size? 1+ LITRE! Which is basically .3 gallons. ARRRGH! Why do they give out correct tank sizes for the other fish, but not for Betta? I don't understand.
Solaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #167 
ChibreneyDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I was just checking out petco.com. (They don't have Petco in Canada, but I wanted to look at prices to compare.)

Anyway, I noticed that if you click on a fish, it will tell you the suggested tank size. For example, the suggested size for neon tetras is 10+ gallons, which is true.

Then I clicked on the Betta. Suggested tank size? 1+ LITRE! Which is basically .3 gallons. ARRRGH! Why do they give out correct tank sizes for the other fish, but not for Betta? I don't understand.
Because they can get away with it... Its sick...but true.
ChibreneyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #168 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

They get away with it because most people are too stupid to look for facts.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #169 
VeilTail

Gah, my baby girl (not really a baby), Isha, a VT Female was in BROWN water when I bought her, and was an inch long. She had finrot really bad and was suffering. Me, not knowing anything about fish bought a .5 gallon fish "tank" without gravel or plants:( She somehow survived and is happily residing in a 10 gallon tank with 2 ASFs and is 2.5 inches!!!!!!!!! She likes biting my finger too, and loves pellets. But I feel bad for the fishies I leave behind, although sometimes I sneak some pellets from home into their cups since the workers never feed them at Walmart. All five of my fish are rescues, and are very happy.
VeilTail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #170 
Saphira101

that dragon goby looked kind of like a sculpin, (bottom-feeding fish with poisonous spines, you can Google them for a picture) I catch them out of rivers and lakes sometimes, I had a pretty cool tank too, until I caught one from green lake that happened to be infected with ich... killed all of the rest in a few days. :( I could'nt do a thing. they died despite the meds. :(
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote