Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #41 
Leatree

Though I'm not sure if all Wal-Marts are like this but the one where I live is horrible. The only thing I think they even do is to clean the front of the tank so you can see in and maybe change the water.. it is actually rather clear. Though one whole tank of goldfish have tail/fin rot with multiple dead fish, another tank has about 6 dead fish that I know have been in there for at least a week. There are a few with .. well im sure you name it they have it ... oddly with no ick. The betta cups are dirty and like I've mentioned in another post .. i wish i could buy them all and give them a good home.
Leatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #42 
loppy656

i have a friend who has cherry shrimp in her tank and one of them disaperd. we think the betta ate it but the other is still alive.(the betta became bloted after the shrimp disaapeard) is the other going to be ok and is the fish going to be fine?
loppy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #43 
iheartmyfishies

UGGH!! I just went to a pet store and someone tried to convince me that if a betta is kept in anything larger that 1.5 gallons they will be miserable for the rest of their lives. -.-" Nooooooo.... I hate that they're giving people this wrong information.

Last edited by iheartmyfishies; 11-05-2009 at 07:20 PM.
iheartmyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #44 
loppy656

any one else got good fishy storys?? i would love to hear them!!=) =)

this one time i went to pet co and it looked like they had gottin a fearly new shipment of bettas but there was this one female betta that i think had pop eye so badly it made her flot right under the water line on her side and when she got air she bearly movied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmyfishies View Post
UGGH!! I just went to a pet store and someone tried to convince me that if a betta is kept in anything larger that 1.5 gallons they will be miserable for the rest of their lives. -.-" Nooooooo.... I hate that they're giving people this wrong information.
wow those people are really really stuiped. i mean serosly, most every fish will live better in a bigger tank.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 11-17-2009 at 07:26 PM.
loppy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #45 
New2Betas

I donít understand why an animal rights organization has not gotten involved in the cruelty to bettas! Before finding this form I thought that they preferred small spaces and that was why pet stores kept them in little cups. I was out running errands today I went to Meijer, Wallmart, Petsmart, and Petland. All had bettas but the ones hat Petland were kept in tiny cups, more like a candle holder. The ones at Petsmart were kept in the blue water, whatever the heck that is, and the females were so small. Most has chewed their tail off. And the ones at Meijer and Wallmart had such bad fin rot that several had huge holes in their fins. I wish I could have bought every one of them and helped them.
New2Betas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #46 
Jupiter

New2Bettas, the blue water is medication they put to prevent disease because they're too lazy to change the water. :P
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #47 
dramaqueen
Banned

It's methylene blue.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #48 
doggyhog

Well, I got a mystery snail last week.

The employees thought I was nuts for taking 5 minutes to pick out a snail! They asked me if I was ready yet and I said I was still deciding. Then the guy came back like 30 seconds later and was like "Ummm... are you ready yet!?" he was all pushy.. ugh. Then when I told him what snail I wanted he got it and DROPPED it into the specimen container. Seriously, how hard would it have been for him to put his hand in the container and put the poor thing in gently? makes me very very mad.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:39 PM   #49 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have heard all kinds of stories about petstore employees dropping fish on the floor, grabbing them with their hands and all kinds of stuff!! Don't they realize that they are living beings? I hope the snail was ok.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:49 AM   #50 
doggyhog

Yeah, my snail is OK.

One time I was getting feeder goldfish and the guy dropped the poor fish! She was OK, but YIKES! Can't ya be a little more careful!?
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote