Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #51 
loppy656

i would tell the guy that he should be more carful with the fish or be all like "dude you just droped the fish on the flore!" say you will get another empley for the next fish you bye, take your fish and leave to find another empoly or go to pay. (and tell the maniger that his or her empoleys drop the fish on the flore)
loppy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #52 
ChristinaRoss

i wouldnt buy a fish or anything else if they dropped it. i would just yell out loudly, "you dropped the fish on the floor!!! I think hes gonna die!!!!!

then tell them they need to be more careful it s living being for goodness sakes!
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #53 
Calmwaters

I agree with Christina the floor is hard and cold no telling what could be hurt inside the poor fish. : (
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #54 
TianTian

I have yet to see a main-chain petstore that doesn't have at least one dead/dying fish. And bad employees are everywhere; some people jsut have the fortune to run into them more often than others.

Thankfully, I have my LFS, Fintique... and they're pretty much awesome. :D Always healthy, happy fish, big tanks, knowledgeable and agreeable staff.... love 'em!
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #55 
MidnightAngel

I wouldn't take the fish either! I haven't seen one dropped yet, but I would definitely have a problem with it!!!

down the road from where I currently live there's a little local owner pet store. Upon walking in, its very warm, they have lots of reptiles and tropical fish so that's probably intentional and the only thing the bettas have going for them.
There's a whole section for reptiles and amphibians, they're doing great, continuing around the store you find crazy/cool saltwater fish and corals, then the fresh water. Everything looks to be well taken care of.

When you reach the end of the freshwater fish there is a wooden shelf area for the bettas...Each betta has its own TINY cup 3" diameter at the most. Each cup was full of green algae and waste, some were so bad that you could not see what the fish in the cup looked like! Although, the crowntail, halfmoons, and dragons, maybe 7 total, had cleaner water, still some waste. and some males had been put in probably 1.5 gal containers full of what looked like ponds plants and scum, and lots of algae....

I asked the worker if they could be changed so i could at least SEE the fish...he's apparently the owner and said he's lost all his employees in the past week...I would think algae in that quantity would take much longer than a week...But he was too busy to change the water, maybe he'd get to it in a bit. I continued to look at the bettas, and he came by to tell me if I want, I can change the water myself and he'd give me one.

So I changed 30+ cups, and gots my Peaches and two other females, one of which died within two days :( I tried, but Peaches and the other girl are doing fine, I just wish I could've saved them all!
MidnightAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #56 
TianTian

Lucky you, Midnight!! :D
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #57 
MidnightAngel

Lucky Fish!!! I hate to think when they would have been changed, if ever...
MidnightAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:10 PM   #58 
loppy656

i went to this pet store and there was like 5 dead fish at the bottom of the tank. they where all nasty and fuzzy. the people didnt even notice.
loppy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:23 PM   #59 
HopeInHeart

I have a good story about the petstore where I bought Toby. They only had three bettas, and every one of them was in a tank. (I don't remember what other kind of fish there were in there or exactly how big the tank, but I think it was five gallons.) I think the whole family takes part in the store and the owner hand picks his bettas.
HopeInHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #60 
lilyrazen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TianTian View Post
I have yet to see a main-chain petstore that doesn't have at least one dead/dying fish. And bad employees are everywhere; some people jsut have the fortune to run into them more often than others.

I went decor shopping today at Walmart (eww) Petco and our neighborhood pet store. Walmart was horrible as it always is, but Petco hap a bunch of Beautiful fish and all were healthy! I was VERY suprized. I've learned thast Petsmart is a bad place for betta shopping too, I got my boys at petco and I know I will come back! And the little shop was sad too. 3 or 4 dead fish, all male vieltails, no variations!
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote