Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-17-2009, 06:50 AM   #101 
biokid101

FINALLY SOMEONE ANSWERED THAT QUESTION FOR ME!!!!i have been asking that question so many times.thank u so much lethbridge.ive heard that when males get into a fight it induces them to want to mate, is that true?
biokid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:18 AM   #102 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have never heard that before.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:49 PM   #103 
Lethbridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by biokid101 View Post
FINALLY SOMEONE ANSWERED THAT QUESTION FOR ME!!!!i have been asking that question so many times.thank u so much lethbridge.ive heard that when males get into a fight it induces them to want to mate, is that true?
NO never put two males together to try to enduce them to fight, this is not only cruel but you will also have to condition your males much longer so that they can regrow there fins so just keep them apart. On another note however if you place a male (in another container) near your betta in a breeding tank it will make the male in the breeding tank jealous and this could help him build a bigger bubble nest and this will help the mating proccess a bit easier.
Lethbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #104 
biokid101

ok ill try that when they are fully conditioned.my females fins have been growing in really fast.for some reason she has been turning like purplish. and when she is under the light she has some red spot on her.she turns red i should say but not fully.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #105 
Lethbridge

im not sure what colour your betta is but she may have a bit of mettalic scales that may just give her that appearance
Old 11-17-2009, 09:16 PM   #106 
biokid101

ok.i have them in bowls now because my tank has somethin in it.it made the water turn dark and blurry and white.so i took them out im going to be watching the two that were in it just to see of they have problems,but they seem to be normal.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #107 
Lethbridge

if possible try and throw a few live plants in there for oxygen and try to keep the bowls pretty warm because bettas like warmer water, i usually keep mine at 86 degrees when spawning. And if they are small bowls make sure you dont keep them in there too long bettas need room to swim and if they will be in smaller bowls make sure you do daily water changes.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:57 AM   #108 
biokid101

i have 4 live plants and one is in each of the bettas bowls.the smallest bowl i have is about the size of the container they came in ans she seems to be doing good.she likes to flirt with my male but im going to seperate them when i get home from school.the smallest bowl is getting cleaned everyday with warm water.i dont have a thermometer to measure the waters temp.but my dad has a tank and its water is at 80 degrees farenheit.so i just feel the water and i put her bowl at the same temp.my male is interested in my blue female,the one that got wrapped around by my other betta.they are both blue so i want to breed them.my other two are both light colored but one is orange and another is like pinkish with purple fins.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #109 
Lethbridge

okay another thing here! DONT put warm water in their bowl if you dont plan on using a heater to keep it at that temp. Always put room temp water in there because the change in temp is very stressful for not only bettas but all fish, but yes just seperate them and just keep conditioning and then you can try to breed them at a later date
Old 11-18-2009, 01:48 PM   #110 
dramaqueen
Banned

Temperature fluctuations can make them sick.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote